Windows 10: Make a user standard on Windows 10 home

Discus and support Make a user standard on Windows 10 home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My mother is not very computer literate, but she just bought a new laptop with Win10 home. She had partially set it up, before asking me for help... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SlickRCBD, Feb 19, 2021.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Make a user standard on Windows 10 home

My mother is not very computer literate, but she just bought a new laptop with Win10 home.

She had partially set it up, before asking me for help since she couldn't get office to work as it kept asking her to pay for it she didn't realize that the preinstalled Office 360 was the trial version, they advertised on the box that it had Office preinstalled.

She caused enough havok back when I was in school with Windows 98 and malware that when XP came out I limited her to the limited accounts.

She hasn't gotten much better in the last 20 years. I don't trust her with an admin account, but she set herself up with one.

Also apparently the Microsoft account linked account she set up does not make the same username as the computers on my workgroup network, so I was unable to automatically connect to my predownloaded installers for things like LibreOffice it's not like I can install her copy of Office 2003 on Windows 10, at least not easily without manually entering the passwords.

Is there an easy way to create a standard account using her old username and link it to the new microsoft accounts she set up rather than this new admin account, and create me an admin account with my standard admin username so I don't have to remember something special?

The big problem is how her new admin account is already l inked to a Microsoft account, and I recall disassociating the Microsoft account to be a pain.

The easiest solution I see is to forget about the old username as I doubt she'll be connecting to my computers much and demote that account to a standard account and set up a new admin account for myself.

I'm the one with the degree in CIS, and I hate to say it I don't trust her with the admin account not to fall for the first website that says "You need to update your Flash player to use this website, please install this .exe" and yes I'm well aware of the state of Macromedia Flash.

So, what's the easiest solution to this setup problem?

:)

SlickRCBD, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Make a user standard on Windows 10 home

1. Make a user standard on Windows 10 home - Similar Threads - user standard home

2. Make the printer that is online standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make the printer that is online standard: Greetings from the Red Cross Germany.Our Ambulances use Brother PJ-762 Printers. We have 30 Ambulances and 30 printers.Is there anyway we can on windows 10 automaically make the printer that is connected via USB the standard one or make the offline printers the one where the...
  3. Make the printer that is online standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make the printer that is online standard: Greetings from the Red Cross Germany.Our Ambulances use Brother PJ-762 Printers. We have 30 Ambulances and 30 printers.Is there anyway we can on windows 10 automaically make the printer that is connected via USB the standard one or make the offline printers the one where the...
  4. Make the printer that is online standard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 standard user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  6. standard user

standard user: see attachments. when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type, it seems to think i am already a standard user. the way UAC acts, it seems to think i am an administrator. which is...
  7. administrator user changed to standard user

administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...
  8. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: So, I use standard windows account as my main one and invoke admin account only when needed. This works great as I don't need admin rights for the majority of the stuff I do on my rig (gaming, listening to music, web browsing, etc)..however the problem is two of the programs...
  9. Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?: Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient? 64477
  10. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: Sent you a pm. Let us know if it works.