Windows 10: make administrator account

Discus and support make administrator account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; in my pc ,there are accounts but they not administrator .i want to make any account administrator .the pc always ask to make admin account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ashusaini1, Jun 18, 2019.

1. make administrator account

in my pc ,there are accounts but they not administrator .i want to make any
    account administrator .the pc always ask to make admin account

:)

ashusaini1, Jun 18, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jun 18, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

make administrator account

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

make administrator account

1. make administrator account - Similar Threads - administrator account

2. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  3. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  4. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  5. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  6. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  7. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  8. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  9. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  10. I cannot access my administrator account

I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...