Windows 10: Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

Discus and support Make browser sit on top of Taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; WINVER: 18362.418 Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well. I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gordonisnz, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

WINVER: 18362.418

Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well.

I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen (auto-hide), but ive noticed that the bottom of the browser is hidden behind the taskbar.

Is there a way so when my task bar is visible, that the browser sits above the taskbar so i can see the full height of the browser (some websites/Games have menu options right at the bottom of the screen - hidden by the taskbar when its visible)

:)

gordonisnz, Nov 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

Make browser sit on top of Taskbar 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

1. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar - Similar Threads - browser sit top

2. Taskbar on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on top: Why have you disabled taskbar functionality to move it to the top? This is a HUGE defect and with 22H2 I am no longer able to do a workaround. For many years with WIN versions I have always had my taskbar on top and for you Microsoft to deny this is unacceptable. Also, with...
  3. Taskbar on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar on top: Why have you disabled taskbar functionality to move it to the top? This is a HUGE defect and with 22H2 I am no longer able to do a workaround. For many years with WIN versions I have always had my taskbar on top and for you Microsoft to deny this is unacceptable. Also, with...
  4. top taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    top taskbar: hi, so i used to have a top task bar before the july 2023 update happened. when the latest update was installed, it went back to the bottom original position. i tried changing the registries again and also restarted my explorer but it didn't work. it seems like explorer is no...
  5. top taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    top taskbar: hi, so i used to have a top task bar before the july 2023 update happened. when the latest update was installed, it went back to the bottom original position. i tried changing the registries again and also restarted my explorer but it didn't work. it seems like explorer is no...
  6. Sitting on top of me and trying to rule!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sitting on top of me and trying to rule!!!!!!!: who is this why does windows need that appis there any use of thatIt takes this much of CPU but i cannot see any windows relating to that Please help meThaknk you in advance...
  7. How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make taskbar to be always ON TOP? Not TOP location of the SCREEN, please read: I remember there was feature on Windows 7 that you could keep taskbar always on top of other windows. Can't find similar feature on Windows 10 and it's keep bugging me that windows always get on top of taskbar.. I want them to stay UNDER taskbar NO MATTER WHAT. How can I do...
  8. Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes: [IMG] submitted by /u/AlcoholicNerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ef7x/having_taskbar_on_top_is_glitchy_with_browsers/
  9. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows: [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar....
  10. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Make browser sit on top of Taskbar: WINVER: 18362.418 Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well. I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen (auto-hide), but ive noticed that the bottom of the browser is hidden behind the taskbar. Is there a way so when my task bar...