Windows 10: Make Caps Lock Permanent

Discus and support Make Caps Lock Permanent in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all! Quick question for you all - does anyone know of a way to make Caps Lock permanent through the registry? I've found plenty of reg fixes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Random_Encounter, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Make Caps Lock Permanent

Hey all! Quick question for you all - does anyone know of a way to make Caps Lock permanent through the registry? I've found plenty of reg fixes to disable the caps lock button, but I'm wanting a way to make it so that caps lock will always stay on. We have a specific piece of software that requires capital letters, but some of our users are attempting to use it with caps lock off to no avail. If I could make it so that caps lock never turns off, it may be beneficial.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/A_Random_Encounter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Random_Encounter, Mar 6, 2020

2. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Mar 6, 2020
  4. relwood Win User

Make Caps Lock Permanent

Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Make Caps Lock Permanent

1. Make Caps Lock Permanent - Similar Threads - Caps Lock Permanent

2. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  3. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable permanent caps lock: I have a PC with Windows 10, use it with remote desktop. Because i use it for only 1 software i always have need caps lock enable. Is there a way to leave enabled caps lock? Thanks...
  4. Enable permanent caps lock

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. .Cap lock on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .Cap lock on: After update Cap button doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-on/d4d4cd06-71e0-4f34-b031-ef3c9053b168
  6. Caps lock

Caps lock: Hi! My problem is that when i turn my caps lock on some letters are big some aren't , like this: HeLLO! I WaNT tO tALK AbOUT SoMeTHIng. i don't know why is like that and i don't know how to fix it....
  7. CAPS LOCK

CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  8. Caps lock

Caps lock: My new keyboard does not have an LED to indicate caps lock and nothing on the screen shows the status. How can I get a notification on the screen to show caps lock status? I don't have sound turned on because I don't want to disturb my disabled wife....
  9. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

caps lock makes numbers type symbols: when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @....
  10. Make caps lock untoggable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make caps lock untoggable?: Is there anyway to make caps lock untoggable? 46842