Windows 10: make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

Discus and support make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to set the default view for the search results in file explorer without having to change it every time I use it? I would like to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Artoo Smith, Mar 28, 2019.

1. make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

Is there a way to set the default view for the search results in file explorer without having to change it every time I use it? I would like to have the default view for the search results be "large icons" and not have to change it manually every time I use the search feature.

:)

Artoo Smith, Mar 28, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2019
  4. make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer search results?

After visiting several Windows 10 'Help' forums, I managed to fix the problem without help in any forum, by experimentation:

• Open Windows Explorer and write anything in the search box and hit enter (the search results are in Content view)
    • Manually set the search results in view format that you want (using right-click, View ―> Layout options, or whatever)
    • Click on the View tab and select Options on the far right and click on the Change folder and search options
    • Select the Search tab and add any option (say, Include compressed files) and click on Apply
    • Close Options panel, close Windows Explorer and reopen. Repeat step 1 and voil , the view format of your search results is back the way you like it. You can repeat steps 3 and 4 to undo the change you made to the Search options.
    Now, I haven't rebooted, but if it doesn't stick after a reboot, I'll come back for a slice of humble pie.

Paul

Paul_Saute, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view

1. make change to default windows 10 file explorer search view - Similar Threads - change default file

2. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  3. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  4. Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10

Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10: Hi there,Actually , I wanted to customize my file explorer by changing the default folder icons. I just did it by following these steps:-1 Open 'Registry Editor' and go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'2 Then I just right-clicked on...
  5. Change default view for the search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default view for the search results: Is there a way to set thedefault view for the search results in file explorer without having to changeit every time I use the search feature? I would like the default view be for:1. Documents, not web. This should be the default view as oneonly need go to search engine for...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view

Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view: Good day, In Explorer how do I set the view default to "Size all columns to fit"? Each time I view files I have to reset the view to see files with long names, etc. It is a time consuming annoying problem to always adjust rather than to immediately see the full file name....
  7. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|: https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-file-explorer-default-view/10317313-4919-4451-9f5b-acd667a7eaaf"
  8. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  9. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  10. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271