Windows 10: Make desktop look like file explorer?

Discus and support Make desktop look like file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to do this in Windows 10? What I mean is, instead of icons on the desktop with the background, make it like the detailed folder view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ps4facts, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Make desktop look like file explorer?

Is there any way to do this in Windows 10? What I mean is, instead of icons on the desktop with the background, make it like the detailed folder view of file explorer.

submitted by /u/ps4facts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ps4facts, Nov 6, 2020
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Make desktop look like file explorer?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Make desktop look like file explorer?

1. Make desktop look like file explorer? - Similar Threads - desktop file explorer

2. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  3. My file explorer doesn't look like it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer doesn't look like it should: I tried to call the help number which wasn't very helpful. One problem is one drive does not show up in file explorer. I already tried making a new key in the registry and naming it DisableFileSyncNGSC but it didn't work.While doing a search just trying to get one drive on...
  4. My file explorer doesn't look like it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My file explorer doesn't look like it should: I tried to call the help number which wasn't very helpful. One problem is one drive does not show up in file explorer. I already tried making a new key in the registry and naming it DisableFileSyncNGSC but it didn't work.While doing a search just trying to get one drive on...
  5. Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make a folder and when it opens look like a desktop?: I have multiple folders on my desktop and I want it to open to look like another desktop not a folder open in Windows explorer? submitted by /u/Simmonsdude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hheho1/is_it_possible_to_make_a_folder_and_when_it_opens/
  6. How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?

How to change desktop icon on MP4 file to make it look like a docx?: I and a friend of mine are trying to find out how we can rickroll our students, by making one of the files be an mp4 file for Never Gonna Give You Up. But we can't change the desktop icon under properties like on other file types, can we please get some help? submitted by...
  7. How to make the icons look like this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the icons look like this.: This are how my icons looks like: [ATTACH] How can I make the icons look like this:[ATTACH] This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have...
  8. How to make the icons look like this.

How to make the icons look like this.: [IMG] This are how my icons looks like: https://preview.redd.it/mg35coy93fe41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=00d9115b78cba3361bd78c4cd1c96df9f0e1d7da How can I make the icons look like this:...
  9. Make 10 look like XP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make 10 look like XP?: Anybody find anything to make 10 look like XP? 4852
  10. I would like to change the way file explorer looks

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to change the way file explorer looks: I would like to change the way file explorer looks, it looks like this now [img] I'd like it to look more like this [img] Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks 73631