Windows 10: Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album,

Discus and support Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album, in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The details pane used to include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album, as recently as yesterday. now it does not. how do I make it do so yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fishfingers, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album,

The details pane used to include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album, as recently as yesterday. now it does not. how do I make it do so yet again? i got win10 and a asus vivobook if that is relevant

:)

fishfingers, Sep 6, 2020

2. Artist > Album

Windows Media player 11 if you have.

The "Contributing Artist" tag is the one that gets linked to the album like the "Album artist" tag.

At least that's how it seems to me. When I select which tags it must show WMP has the Album artist tag on the list but it just refuses to show it. So there's a chance I'm wrong here but with all my music it's the "Contributing artist" tag that is being linked.

If this doesn't work in your reply include a list of the software you have access to, it will make it a lot easier for you to get help even if it's from someone else.

no1_slumko, Sep 6, 2020
  3. N8 music player "artists and albums" issue

For various artist albums go to album file , hilite all files in folder, right click and select properties/Details, and change album artist to Various Artists and apply, album will then show as various artists but artist on each track will remain as contributing
    artist, display in player will show the album as it should be ie Now 78 etc

carman58---01, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album,

Windows Media Player Can Be Made To Display Contributing Artist For Each Song

To get WMP to display Contributing Artist for each song (instead of Album Artist), load the WMP application.

• Select "Albums" in upper left of screen.
    • Left click on the Album that you would like to maintain. All fields will be highlighted.
    • Left click the Album Artist field for your selected album. The Album Artist field will be highlighted
    • Hit the delete key to clear Album Artist data.
    • Accept the update.
    • WMP will default the Contributing Artist from the first song in the album in the Album Artist field.
    • This is not correct for the album, but when the album is played, Contributing Artist for each song will display alternating with the Album Name and the Song Title.

CaroleandWayne, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album,

1. Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album, - Similar Threads - details pane include

2. Album artist glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Album artist glitch: Hello. So can you please tell me why back then, it loaded but now, it will not load? I've tried terminating and repairing the app, but it just didn't work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/album-artist-glitch/c4233cb9-7f01-439f-b07c-5d1a198c9944
  3. Album artist glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Album artist glitch: Hello. So can you please tell me why back then, it loaded but now, it will not load? I've tried terminating and repairing the app, but it just didn't work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/album-artist-glitch/c4233cb9-7f01-439f-b07c-5d1a198c9944
  4. How to remove the saved contributing artists.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove the saved contributing artists.: Can we remove any saved contributing artist?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-saved-contributing-artists/e05dc471-6ea8-4ea0-8d1a-ea62c170a5cc
  5. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  6. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  7. How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)?: I have a lot of mp3 files that I burned onto CD years ago (approx. 2003) and the title and artist name does not show in all my music player programs. Specifically, Windows Media Player and my father's car radio. And for context, all the information does display for "regular"...
  8. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  9. Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover

Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover: Hi, Since I changed the folder of my music, Groove hasn't been able to recognize the albums and artists. I have tried: - Deleting the groove app and redownloading it. - Checking security of the folders and mp3 files. - Resetting the database:...
  10. Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album: I've just installed Windows 10 and experimented with the Groove music player. It finds all the songs but they are tagged Unknown Artist and Unknown Album. The songs appear fine in iTunes with the correct details and album art. I reset Groove and made it scan the music...