Windows 10: make edge inprivate everywhere

Discus and support make edge inprivate everywhere in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; how do i make it edge start inprivate everywhere? for example, when I click on something on another program and it asks what program to open this link... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 29, 2020.

1. make edge inprivate everywhere

how do i make it edge start inprivate everywhere?

for example, when I click on something on another program and it asks what program to open this link with. i want to click use edge every time but only if it does inprivate every time.

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 29, 2020

2. FYI: Edge InPrivate now RETAINS and SHOW history as well.

After the latest update which supposedly fix the InPrivate cache problem, it actually got worse. If you browse anything in InPrivate, the browsing history actually shows up in the regular session.

You can try:

• Open Edge
    • Open an InPrivate window side by side
    • Do some browsing in InPrivate
    • Now go back to the regular window and check the history (1st button on the right -> 3rd clock tab), InPrivate browsing history shows up in there.

I've managed to reproduce this both on my tablet and my desktop.

EDIT: I'm running 10586.104.

ToniCipriani, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Mooly Win User
    Is this a security issue. Edge 'InPrivate' is remembering bank login.

If I right click Edge and select 'New InPrivate Window' I get to see the normal expected private browsing screen.

I now do a general search for my bank by typing the bank name into the search box and pressing enter. That brings up Bings suggestions... as expected. I click my bank and go to their login page and Edge has all my details already filled in as soon as I click on the appropriate boxes.

Surely this should not be happening. The InPrivate window should have no knowledge of what I do under the normal Edge browser.

Is this a browser issue or a W10 issue. If I search for TenForums using 'InPrivate' I am NOT logged (as expected and as it should be).

Any ideas.

Mooly, Jun 29, 2020
  4. make edge inprivate everywhere

How do you disable inprivate browsing (permanently) in Edge on W10 Mobile?

Hello John,

When you use InPrivate tabs or window, your browsing data such as your history, temporary internet files, and cookies is not saved on your device once you close/exit the app.
    Thus, disabling InPrivate browsing feature in Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 Mobile is unavailable.

Since this feature isn't available, we request that you submit this on our Windows Feedback Hub app to make this feature better. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold
      Volume Down+Power button for about 2-3 seconds to launch the app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

make edge inprivate everywhere

1. make edge inprivate everywhere - Similar Threads - edge inprivate everywhere

2. How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This guide will show you how to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate […] This article How to make Microsoft Edge always start in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Microsoft Edge Inprivate browsing disabled for some reason?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Inprivate browsing disabled for some reason?: [ATTACH] I checked family.microsoft.com but I do not have a family group. submitted by /u/Auxes1s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ie8v4i/microsoft_edge_inprivate_browsing_disabled_for/
  4. InPrivate Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    InPrivate Window: How can I delete the topics that I enter in search when using the InPrivate window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inprivate-window/e2c960b4-56b2-465a-811a-f7090f2bd564
  5. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode: Hello there, I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public Browser" and everything works great, but unfortunately Edge runs "InPrivate" mode and whenever I try to "Click to go back" I get...
  6. Is this a security issue. Edge 'InPrivate' is remembering bank login.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a security issue. Edge 'InPrivate' is remembering bank login.: If I right click Edge and select 'New InPrivate Window' I get to see the normal expected private browsing screen. I now do a general search for my bank by typing the bank name into the search box and pressing enter. That brings up Bings suggestions... as expected. I click my...
  7. Edge records history InPrivate mode

in Browsers and Email
    Edge records history InPrivate mode: Is there a way to disable this? Recording history in an "InPrivate" window seems like a contradiction in terms, no? 42565
  8. InPrivate browsing

in Browsers and Email
    InPrivate browsing: I never used this function so what is the purpose behind it. If it is so good why not make all browsers private. Thanks 105736
  9. New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New InPrivate Window will not enable in Edge: Since receiving Microsoft's latest Anniversary Update I have not been able to use the New InPrivate Window as the feature remains grayed out. Does anybody have any help or suggestions as to how I can enable this feature as my searches and questions to other sites have left me...
  10. Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge: How to: Open New InPrivate Browsing Window in Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Microsoft...