Windows 10: Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

Discus and support Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP EliteBook 8470p with a really low res display. I just bought it as a secondary beat-around laptop for stuff I don't want to use my MacBook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimmyl_82104, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

I have an HP EliteBook 8470p with a really low res display. I just bought it as a secondary beat-around laptop for stuff I don't want to use my MacBook for (outside mostly as a music streaming laptop).

Problem: Everything is so damn huge on the crappy screen, there is barely any room and I can barely fit things into the display. Is there some way I can use the opposite of the display scaling feature in Windows 10? Instead of zooming in, I'd like to zoom out and make it look like a higher-res display. I know about setting a custom resolution, but if I were to set it as a higher res it would just look like shit.

Anyone have any ideas? I already have the taskbar set to small and the display scaling zoom at the lowest (100%)

submitted by /u/jimmyl_82104
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimmyl_82104, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

Ok I have installed win 10 on 6 different computers. I have this same problem on my Dell Inspiron and Dell XPS laptops. Both have the ability to Display at a lot higher resolutions (they were set there before install) but I cant seem to get the resolution
    to go above 1366x768. I have removed and reinstalled the newest drivers for the graphics cards. I have even installed old ones, but to no avail. The highest resolution available is 1366x768.

Any suggestions?

DanielSturdevant, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

1. Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display? - Similar Threads - everything smaller 1366x768

2. Display smaller than monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display smaller than monitor: Wiped off my key board now the screen doesn't fit. How do I reset the screen? Cant find the right settings!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-smaller-than-monitor/e0b41fe8-4fa2-4c9f-adec-49fcf6cd8024
  3. display became smaller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display became smaller: when i updated windows 10 a few days ago and after it restarted the display became smaller and the icons were smaller too. when i launch a game cs:go it has an "engine error". what should i do?...
  4. Everything on my desktop becomes smaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything on my desktop becomes smaller: I connect my laptop to an external monitor, so I chose the option to keep my laptop running even if I close the lid of the laptop. The problem is that whenever I close the lid of my laptop, every single thing becomes smaller, google chrome, word, my taskbar, everything. This...
  5. make window smaller

make window smaller: How can I adjust the size of the window I am working on so I can still see a little of the background? I would usually go to the little square on the top right hand corner. But this is a new computer, windows 10, and it is not working....
  6. Display of my laptop (fonts) getting smaller after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display of my laptop (fonts) getting smaller after an update: Hello, I am so annoyed by the fact that after an update, my laptop display (fonts) became small and hard to read. I have tried to restore my laptop and stuff and they didn't work. I called windows support and the person hang up the phone. I'd like to hear your advice what I...
  7. make text smaller on this PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make text smaller on this PC: make text smaller on this PC HPDesktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/make-text-smaller-on-this-pc/996d5b8f-c6cc-4277-a50e-51f2ffda778a
  8. Making items on START smaller

Making items on START smaller: hey guys, included a pic from my Start Menu. I would make the tekst in the LEFT PANE look smaller. Is there a way to do so? Thanks in advance Jeff [img] 26914
  9. any trick for displaying 1366x768 on G31/G33/ chipset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any trick for displaying 1366x768 on G31/G33/ chipset?: gang i've been here before but cannot remember what I used. need to custom-set resolution to modern 1366x768 on a inspiron 530 core 2 machine using intel's g33 family i get 1280x768 - this is build 10074 and a lot of strange things here. no place to do custom settings.i...
  10. Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything in laptop has suddenly gotten smaller in zoom size: (I uploaded all 6 of my screenshots on Flickr to make it easier to share/view) Windows 10 Problem | Flickr Ok so I turned on my laptop like normal a few days ago, and I noticed everything on my laptop is smaller. (I explain in detail in the next paragraph) I tried...