Windows 10: Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you click on the File Explorer icon in Windows 10, it displays a navigation folder on the left, and Quick Access details on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 22, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10

WinClub, May 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 22, 2019
  3. dmholt57 Win User
    dmholt57, May 22, 2019
  4. Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10

File Explorer navigation pane sometimes expands to show all folders and sometimes consolidates shows only the selected folder

Both the folders that expand fully and those that partially expand have exactly the same settings, which are as you suggested, so this didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Bruce Needham, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10

1. Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Explorer Navigation Pane

2. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover: In Windows 10. I keep copying files into the wrong folders due to the system expanding a folder at the instant I release a file copy into a folder in the navigation pane. This is NOT the 'Expand to current fodler' problem. This is when I have grabbed a file to move or copy it...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.: Hi,I have tried all the options from this linkhttps://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-expand-folder-in-navigation-pane-of-file-explorer-in-windows-11.2544/If I open my File Explorer through Windows, it works correctly it doesn't expand .However if I open my File Explorer...
  4. Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.: Hi,I have tried all the options from this linkhttps://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-expand-folder-in-navigation-pane-of-file-explorer-in-windows-11.2544/If I open my File Explorer through Windows, it works correctly it doesn't expand .However if I open my File Explorer...
  5. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Navigation pane keeps expanding folders: I have noticed that lately, the navigation pane has been expanding folders when opening them. That option is disabled in folder view settings. https://i.imgur.com/FcNSf9i.png https://i.imgur.com/Ext1HJd.png Noticed it on two separate computers. Its really annoying, any...
  6. Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder: File Explorer \ View \ Options \ View \ Navigation Pane \ Show All Folders setting make the Navigation Pane behave alike if the Expand To Open Folder setting would be enabled: [ATTACH] ....
  7. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  8. Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder: Like the title says, I cannot get the navigation pane to expand to the currently open folder right now on one of my machines, it stays stuck on either Desktop or Quick Access. And mainly when navigating one of the virtual folders, like "My Documents". I think I need to go...
  9. Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer You can use the navigation pane in File Explorer to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC,...
  10. Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Expand to Current Folder in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This...