Windows 10: Make file explorer open where i closed it..

Discus and support Make file explorer open where i closed it.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know, silly problem.. but... ... i cant' figure out how to make File Explorer open at the same location as i closed it. im guessing the answer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsthemasterwicked, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Make file explorer open where i closed it..

I know, silly problem.. but...

... i cant' figure out how to make File Explorer open at the same location as i closed it.

im guessing the answer is pretty obvious haha

Help plz?Make file explorer open where i closed it.. :)

submitted by /u/itsthemasterwicked
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsthemasterwicked, Jun 24, 2020
  2. rdwray Win User

Close File Explorer Window

This code did list the Explorer windows, but I ran the "close" shell as Administrator with two Explorer windows open and it did not close either.

rdwray, Jun 24, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Make file explorer open where i closed it..

File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Make file explorer open where i closed it..

1. Make file explorer open where i closed it.. - Similar Threads - file explorer open

2. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  3. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  4. File Explorer closing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closing randomly: Hi,Recently a lot of our users at work has started to experience several folders closing while either working in them or having them minimized in the background. This is regarding a specific Network Drive as far as i am aware of which is a shared drive where multiple users...
  5. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  6. Open File and Close Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open File and Close Explorer: Is there something like a context menu option to open a selected file and close File Explorer Windows Explorer at the same time? Sometimes I know that I have no further need for Explorer after selecting a file.Thanks!...
  7. File Explorer opens briefly and then closes before I can download a file

File Explorer opens briefly and then closes before I can download a file: When trying to download a file with my web browser Edge or Chrome, File Explorer opens briefly and then closes before I can download a file. This problem has just recently started occurring....
  8. File explorer address bar repeatedly opening and closing

File explorer address bar repeatedly opening and closing: Whilst browsing file explorer, on the address bar, the 'Previous Locations' down arrow icon will select and repeatedly open and close. I can stop it by pressing any random key on the keyboard, but it will eventually start up again a few seconds later. Is there any way to fix...
  9. Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing

Windows 10 - File Explorer file opening and closing: When I open a file in File Explorer and then close it, after the close File Explorer does not return to File Explorer, but to some other app I have open. How can I set this to return to FE upon file close....
  10. Closing open Files

Closing open Files: I have been a Works 4.5 user for many years. Because of problems with new Canon Printer I was advised to upgrade to Works 9. It is loaded. I have been working with it simi-succesfully. But now when I click Task Launcher and chose the database program I get a message that I...