Windows 10: Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

Discus and support Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the ease of this post I will be using AAO as "always available offline". I have been told by a user that he want an folder to not be AAO within a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OskarrTNH, Jun 6, 2019.

1. OskarrTNH Win User

Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

For the ease of this post I will be using AAO as "always available offline".

I have been told by a user that he want an folder to not be AAO within a folder that is AAO. As in, he wants to make a folder AAO go in that folder and untick AAO from a folder in there.

He claims that it has been possible in the past. As I have not found whether it is true or not from searching I decide to post here to get confirmation if it is possible at all and how.

So again, the problem is:

A folder has been tagged as "always available offline"

We go in that folder

If we try to untag a folder there is a tick in front of the "always available offline" option and it is grayed out, so we cannot disable it.

Windows 10 1903

Oskar

:)

OskarrTNH, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available... :)

Frogger, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Sync Center - Cannot Set Up Folder for Always Available Offline

I have one W10 Pro laptop that refuses to make folders available for offline use. Windows 2008R2 server, using folder redirection for Desktop and Documents.

1. Sync Center opens fine

2. Manage Offline Files Enabled

3. In 'Set up new sync partnerships', folders listed: Folders(1)

Offline Files

Network files available offline

Folders

4. When I click on Set up, I get the dialog instructing me to right-click folder and select - Always Available Offline

5. In 'View Sync partnerships', I see - You have no sync partnerships set up on this computer. Click ...

6. In file explorer, when I right-click one of the two redirected folders and select - Always available offline, nothing happens; there are no changes. On all of my W10 computers that work, right clicking the folder shows - Always available offline greyed
    out with a check next to it.

No users on the offending machine can select any folders for offline use, including administrators. All of these same users have fully functional offline folders on another W10 machine.

What would prevent selection of folders when everything up to that point seems to work?

Ever'man IT, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

1. Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available... - Similar Threads - folder always available

2. How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?: Hello,I have a 480gb Optane for my OS and its not big enough to save all files from NAS folders when i enable "Always Available Offline" option.Is there any tweaks to move the cache folder to diffrent drive? Thanks...
  3. How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to chnage location for saved "Always Available Offline" network cache?: Hello,I have a 480gb Optane for my OS and its not big enough to save all files from NAS folders when i enable "Always Available Offline" option.Is there any tweaks to move the cache folder to diffrent drive? Thanks...
  4. Documents folder not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not available: Hey, I'm trying to access my docs folder on windows 11, and it says it isn't available.I copied my docs folder to another folder on my desktop earlier, so I think it caused that....
  5. Documents folder not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not available: Hey, I'm trying to access my docs folder on windows 11, and it says it isn't available.I copied my docs folder to another folder on my desktop earlier, so I think it caused that....
  6. Always available offline option is missing in context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Always available offline option is missing in context menu: Always available offline option lets you access the network files even when the connection is not stable between your host and network computer. However, if the Always available offline option is missing in the Windows 10 context menu, you can fix it by following these tips....
  7. How to make Network files Always Available Offline on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Network files Always Available Offline on Windows 10: Offline Files feature in Windows 10 lets users make their files and folders available offline even if they are not connected to a network. This makes sharing common files across organizations easier. Let us see how to make Network files Always Available Offline on Windows 10....
  8. Windows 10 Always available offline is not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Always available offline is not showing up: I'm trying to sync a network drive to my local Win 10 PC. I have ensured that Sync is turned on in Sync Center and in the Registry. I have rebooted since making the changes and I still cannot see the option to select "always available offline" in order to sync. I have a...
  9. As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    As per Google instruction I cannot make a folder/file available offline: I looked it up, with no luck. It says that in order to make a folder/ file available offline I need to right click and hit "Make Folder Available Offline". Hell, so not. There is no such a "link" available when I right click. How the heck do I do this? I wish I can post...
  10. Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows: How to: Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows How to Set or Unset Network Files as Always Available Offline in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always available offline sub folder