Windows 10: Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

Discus and support Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/randomnewskills, May 17, 2020.

1. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them closing when I open a certain game and possibly reopen.

Thanks

submitted by /u/randomnewskills
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/randomnewskills, May 17, 2020
  2. kimondoe Win User

Open app in cmd in specific task view

At startup, I already have 3 task views opened.
    So I want .bat file to start my apps and I want it to be opened on a specific task view.

But if it is not possible on .bat, I'll look into powershell as suggested.

kimondoe, May 17, 2020
  3. aagha Win User
    Give access to specific apps for Local User

@dalchina, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your blanket option, and that didn't work.

I filtered per your suggestion:

Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes [​IMG]

However, it seems there are no settings for that filter:

Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes [​IMG]

aagha, May 17, 2020
  4. kimondoe Win User

Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

Open app in cmd in specific task view

I am trying to open apps in command line and I want it to open in a specific task view.
    Is this possible?

kimondoe, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

1. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes - Similar Threads - specific app opens

2. Can't make .c files always open with a specific app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make .c files always open with a specific app.: I couldn't seem to find anything similar to this problem online. All my .c files open with notepad by default instead of the desired IDE. This problem only occurs with c files and only on this computer. I also can't seem to post a picture screenshot on here. I've tried...
  3. Can't make .c files always open with a specific app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't make .c files always open with a specific app.: I couldn't seem to find anything similar to this problem online. All my .c files open with notepad by default instead of the desired IDE. This problem only occurs with c files and only on this computer. I also can't seem to post a picture screenshot on here. I've tried...
  4. Apps open when closing another window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps open when closing another window: I have been dealing with a recent issue on multiple devices after upgrading to windows 11. I am very confused if this is the apps themselves or windows 11 just being buggy. But when I keep multiple windows open. Eventually after closing 1 of them, another app on my computer...
  5. Apps open when closing another window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open when closing another window: I have been dealing with a recent issue on multiple devices after upgrading to windows 11. I am very confused if this is the apps themselves or windows 11 just being buggy. But when I keep multiple windows open. Eventually after closing 1 of them, another app on my computer...
  6. Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10: Hi everyone,I wanted ask to the community if exist a method to shutdown a pc when a specific app is closed, i need to do that after using a PC Stick connected at a Smart TV.Thank you...
  7. Opening a file with a specific app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening a file with a specific app: Is there any way to open a specific file with a specific app? I' d like to automatically open a file with a certain pdf reader, but, at the same time, I need all the other pdf on my computer to open in Chrome. Is there any way to do that automatically without needing to right...
  8. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens: Hello everyone, I'm trying to make it so some apps close when a specific app opens because the apps running in background take an accessive amount of memory on my computer and affect the performance of my computer. I'm thinking of a program that may be on Powershell or a...
  9. Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown: Hi, I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it or my data, it just refuses to close at shutdown because it's poorly coded. It's a big-name non-MS app so I won't name it....
  10. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening certain Specific apps: Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped! ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD...