Windows 10: Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions

Discus and support Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi The subject says it all. When I go to keyboard in settings I don't see a switch to turn on automatically turn on keyboard. In tablet mode is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnkoppms, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions

Hi

The subject says it all. When I go to keyboard in settings I don't see a switch to turn on automatically turn on keyboard.

In tablet mode is there a difference between the pop up keyboard and the regular keyboard?

When I am using the Windows 1809 release, which is supposed to have SwiftKey how do I turn on SwiftKey?

:)

johnkoppms, Apr 2, 2019

2. How to get the on-screen keyboard to pop up in tablet mode

In tablet mode the on-screen keyboard rarely pops up when touching a text input field, and there is no task bar and no touch keyboard icon. What is the point of tablet mode if I can't use it as a tablet? Touch functionality took 3 steps back in Win10.
    compared to 8.1.

Mark McQuaide, Apr 2, 2019
  3. JeffL Win User
    Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question

Mine is a little different. It says "Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's not keyboard attached".

I'm not using "Tablet Mode", but what happens is, with that setting turned on, the keyboard will pop up when I click the inbox, with the setting turned off, the keyboard will not pop up.

I want the keyboard to pop up, but on my previous tablet, when the keyboard popped up, the Google display would change behind the keyboard, so that the Google inbox was in the clear and viable above the keyboard.

JeffL, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions

Manually invoking keyboard popup in tablet mode

Does the touch keyboard not pop up automatically when you invoke any text dialog box?

Edwin, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions

1. Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions - Similar Threads - keyboard pop automatically

2. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  3. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  4. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  5. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  6. Can someone help Tablet keyboard to automatically pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help Tablet keyboard to automatically pop up?: The keyboard automatically used to Knew when I required it, in tablet landscape mode. Where do I fit it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-tablet-keyboard-to-automatically/34025c60-b8fa-4fd9-b361-8ea6d984c687
  7. Disable automatic keyboard in tablet mode in Windows 10

Disable automatic keyboard in tablet mode in Windows 10: How can I stop the onscreen keyboard from popping up automatically when in tablet mode? Many simple navigation activities are triggering it when there's no need to type. Having it eat half of my screen significantly compromises usability. This seems like there should be a...
  8. Make the keyboard to open automatically when switching on tablet mode, and enabling...

Make the keyboard to open automatically when switching on tablet mode, and enabling...: Hi The subject says it all. When I go to keyboard in settings I don't see a switch to turn on automatically turn on keyboard. In tablet mode is there a difference between the pop up keyboard and the regular keyboard? When I am using the Windows 1809 release, which is...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make keyboard popup on tablet mode