Windows 10: make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer

Discus and support make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to make Large Icon the default view mode in Windows 10 File Explorer. And I have tried these steps: 1 Open File Explorer 2 Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fabricefa, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Fabricefa Win User

make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer

Hello, I would like to make Large Icon the default view mode in Windows 10 File Explorer. And I have tried these steps:

1 Open File Explorer

2 Open a folder and on the Home Tab, in the Layout section, choose Large Icons or whatever is your preferred view
    3 Then click the Options button at the end of the View Tibbon
    4 On the View Tab on the resulting dialog, click 'Apply to folders' and confirm that
    5 Click Apply and OK

But when I get to step 4, the "Apply to folders" is not active, as you can see in the screenshot I attached

make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer 3e73c60a-05d6-4fb4-bdd0-3770719605aa?upload=true.jpg

can someone help me, please?

:)

Fabricefa, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 19, 2020
  4. make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer

1. make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer - Similar Threads - Large Icon default

2. Default to Large Icon in Windows 10 File Explorer reverting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default to Large Icon in Windows 10 File Explorer reverting: I have followed the steps shown on this forum and elsewhere to make the default Large Icons in Windows 10 File Explorer, however it keeps reverting to a variety of formats.Is there anything I can do to ensure Large Icons remains the default until I change it?...
  3. Default to Large Icon in Windows 10 File Explorer reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default to Large Icon in Windows 10 File Explorer reverting: I have followed the steps shown on this forum and elsewhere to make the default Large Icons in Windows 10 File Explorer, however it keeps reverting to a variety of formats.Is there anything I can do to ensure Large Icons remains the default until I change it?...
  4. Default to Large Icon in Windows 10 File Explorer reverting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to make windows explorer icon sizes large throughout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make windows explorer icon sizes large throughout?: Im some one with a visual disability, and I need the icons for file explorer to be larger (and windows 10 in general). But doing it one by one is tedious. Any help? submitted by /u/Throwawayartist9889 [link] [comments]...
  6. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  7. Extra large icons displaying the same size as large icons in Windows 10 File Explorer- when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extra large icons displaying the same size as large icons in Windows 10 File Explorer- when...: Hello! I've been reading through many threads, dating back to 2017, which report this problem. With two new computers different brands, I can't get Extra Large thumbnails to display properly in File Explorer in Windows 10 - they are the same size as Large thumbnails, spread...
  8. View Large Icons in File Explorer

View Large Icons in File Explorer: In Large Icon View in File Explorer: Why does it display my photos on my PC but only shows a standard line diagram on my laptop. (Both computers are running Windows 10.)...
  9. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...
  10. Default View 'Large icons'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default View 'Large icons': W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...