Windows 10: Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

Discus and support Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook.

Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead?

I have tried setting the default app as mail in the Default Settings but it keeps trying to send from outlook.

:)

RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 15, 2016
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Trouble shoot default email program in Windows 10

Hi Bobby,

Looks like you are encountering challenges on setting the Mail app as your default mail client in Windows 10.

To use the Mail app as the default application for sending mails, make sure you uncheck the setting option for Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar on all of your Outlook related installed
    programs.

Refer to this support article for the steps on how to change this setting: Make
    Outlook the default program for email, contacts, and calendar

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Change address that email is sent from in mail and calendar app

My MS account has 2 email addresses associated with it (gmail and outlook) and I used to use gmail, but have switched entirely over to Outlook at this point.

In the Mail and Calendar app, whenever I send an email, I don't have the option to send an email from my outlook account since it seems to default to my gmail account. In the outlook web app, I can easily select which address to send an email from, but
    this feature doesn't seem to be available in the mail and calendar app in Windows 10. Is there any way to change the address that emails are sent from in the mail and calendar app?

AndrewGallagher, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

1. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook - Similar Threads - 'Mail' app default

2. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows is not sending emails: I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?...
  3. SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK

SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK: OK how do I get Windows10 to let me send emails through outlook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. My Default Mail will not send emails.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Default Mail will not send emails.: When I prepare an email in my default MAIL, then click SEND, a message states there was an error in sending your message NOT SENT. How is this corrected....
  5. Default mail app can no longer send emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default mail app can no longer send emails: I've been using the default mail app for a few years now, with it linked to my icloud email to send and receive through that. This has always worked fine, until today; now I am unable to send emails through the Mail app. I get this message: "Send error: We weren't able to...
  6. Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!: Outlook (with Office 365) no longer receives mail. Mail "sent" is stuck in Outbox. I have searched all repair suggestions, even allowed M/S technician "Michael" to search my computer for a solution.; "cleaned disk" &c...
  7. Sending emails using Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending emails using Mail app: I have Windows 10 and an old version of Outlook 2007 installed on the pc. I’d like to use only Mail app. In the Settings I have Mail as my default email program. But when I 'send via email' in Word or Explorer, Outlook (2007) always opens. How to send email only using Mail?...
  8. Mail App unable to send emails

Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  9. Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send smtp emails from Mail app or Outlook(error 0x8009030f): Hello, I have a problem with using the Mail app and Outlook 2019 I can receive emails but can't send them. The error I get is 0x8009030f And after I press send, I get this message to my inbox: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder....
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...