Windows 10: Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

Discus and support Make me an Administrator - Make me a user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I become an administrator? If I am an administrator how do I remove administrative status?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DinoCasciola, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

How do I become an administrator? If I am an administrator how do I remove administrative status?

:)

DinoCasciola, Jul 8, 2020

2. Unable to make user account as administrator account

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

1. Login into your Current Administrator Account.

2. Right click on Start button
    and select Control Panel.

3. Select User Account.

4. Select the option Manage another Account.

5. Select the Local Account.

6. Now select the option Change Account Type
    and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Steps To create new local administrator account.

• In the search box type Control Panel.

• Click on User Accounts.

• Select Make changes to my account in Pc settings.

• Next select family and other user
      present on the left side of the page.

• Click on Add someone to this pc option available.

• Now select Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).

• Next click on Local Account Tab and create a local account and click
      Finish Tab.
    Once the local account is created, click on the local account and select
    Change account type tab and select Administrator.

Your Local Administrator Account is created now. Sign out from your current account and sign in into your new Local Account.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 8, 2020
  3. I need help to make administrator user

Original Title: Windows 10 Adminstrator

I need help to make administrator user, I changed my account to normal user, now i can't fix any thing now, I tried all the previous suggestion here nothing solve this problem.

how can I Make an administrator account or how to back my user from normal to administrate the computer?

Thankx in advance

muna

munaAl-Audwan, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

1. Make me an Administrator - Make me a user - Similar Threads - Administrator user

2. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  3. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  4. Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?: my manager requests me from disable usb drivers on employees devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-as-an-administrator-how-can-i-prevent-users/4aa0d423-f734-4c5d-9919-88871e150d3f
  5. Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?

Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?: my manager requests me from disable usb drivers on employees devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-as-an-administrator-how-can-i-prevent-users/4aa0d423-f734-4c5d-9919-88871e150d3f
  6. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10: How can i make my account administrator again i cant download apps what do i need to fix this please help im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5-log-in-administration-user/9eaeb013-6e87-4ecc-8e74-e67cc0e4c0e0
  7. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10: How can i make my account administrator again i cant download apps what do i need to fix this please help im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5-log-in-administration-user/9eaeb013-6e87-4ecc-8e74-e67cc0e4c0e0
  8. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  10. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...