Windows 10: Make Microsoft Onedrive accept *.pst files

Discus and support Make Microsoft Onedrive accept *.pst files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, OneDrive does not allow synching of *.pst files. This is because this file extension is among others used for Personal Storage Table for Outlook.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Morten_043, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Make Microsoft Onedrive accept *.pst files

Hi,

OneDrive does not allow synching of *.pst files. This is because this file extension is among others used for Personal Storage Table for Outlook.

Now, I am working with an application that unfortunately uses *.pst as it's extension so I would like to sync these files.

Does anyone know how I can remove this restriction?

Regards,

Morten

:)

Morten_043, Apr 9, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Apr 9, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    PST Outlook file backup fails

Hello Manuel,

Using a 3rd party software may sometimes cause errors due to compatibility issues. We suggest that you try backing up your PST files using the steps provided on this article:
    How to manage .pst files in Microsoft Outlook and refer to the section
    How to make a backup copy of a .pst file.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 9, 2021
  4. marcbkk Win User

Make Microsoft Onedrive accept *.pst files

Outlook PST File Problem

Thanks again everyone. I just did an export on the troubled PST file to create a new PST file from it and the file size went from 3.9GB down to 850MB. Then I installed the new PST file into Outlook that I just created and removed the old PST file from Outlook and all seems to be working fine so far. I think I am good now, but I will give it some time just to make sure there are no problems before I delete the old file. Thanks again.

marcbkk, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Make Microsoft Onedrive accept *.pst files

1. Make Microsoft Onedrive accept *.pst files - Similar Threads - Microsoft Onedrive accept

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. Downloading .PST file from OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Downloading .PST file from OneDrive: When I try to download a copy of my outlook.pst file, I get an error saying the download was stop because this file could damage my Surface. Is there a way how to get this .pst file from OneDrive to my Surface? Thank you. 182395
  5. OneDrive can't back up .pst files, but moving pst files causes Send/Receive error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive can't back up .pst files, but moving pst files causes Send/Receive error: Hi I have a weird catch-22 situation with my Outlook 2016 retail installation on my W10 confuser I want to back up my Documents folder to my OneDrive. However One Drive says it can't back up my pst files and that I must move them to a "non-important" folder. So I move my...
  6. .pst file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .pst file problem: Hi, I have .pst files that I have but it can't open it with Microsoft Mail... Is it normal and how can I use my .pst files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-file-problem/673a801a-b22d-43cb-a4be-ad80e343af19
  7. PST files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST files.: Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-files/39e1ead4-b0b7-49f7-b1b0-9b6fd96fa979"
  8. .pst files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .pst files: I was trying to move folders from the document folder to a flash drive, and I screwed it up as usual. Out of nowhere appeared a massive file labeled as an "outlook .pst" file in the document folder. I don't even use outlook, so what is it and should I delete it?...
  9. pst 2013 file

in Browsers and Email
    pst 2013 file: Guys, I opened my ms outlook and it showed an error message with next words - FileName.pst file could not be opened. Unfortunately, I don't know what to do next. I have to fix pst file. 71096
  10. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...