Windows 10: Make mouse sensitive part in top border visible?

Discus and support Make mouse sensitive part in top border visible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Original title: Change color of mouse-sensitive top border of Explorer window Hi all, I'm not native English so the expression of what I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frutchy, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Frutchy Win User

Make mouse sensitive part in top border visible?

Original title: Change color of mouse-sensitive top border of Explorer window

Hi all,

I'm not native English so the expression of what I want to achieve might not be exactly the way you would say it in american/english.

I have read the posts about customizing and I have tried the suggestions, but it doesn't do what I want.
    Whatever I change in settings, my Explorer windows keep a white background.
    The annoyance is that there is NO visual difference at all between the mouse-sensitive area in the top border where you can click and hold to drag the window to another position and the rest of the top border which holds the thumbnails.

Therefore, window handling isn't as easy as it was previously and particularly older people who haven't grown up with Windows will not be able to learn easily how to move windows around the desktop.

Is there any way to achieve this?
    I appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks in advance,
    Ronald

:)

Frutchy, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Mouse sensitivity

Hi Randy,

The window will automatically be in maximized state if the mouse pointer hits the top cornet of the screen while dragging it. Kindly make sure that the mouse pointer will not hit the top part of your screen so that the window will not be maximized.

If the mouse pointer is not hitting the top part of the screen and the window is still being maximized when you're dragging it, there is a possibility that the mouse sensitivity is high. You can customize the mouse sensitivity by accessing this
    page, and then click
    To change how the mouse pointer works. Even though the article is in Windows 7, it is still applicable to Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Start Menu

Hello David. Thank you for responding.

When I go to Start, and select it, the Start Menu, or window, or block comes up as it should. However, it is below the bottom of the screen leaving part of it invisible. I would like to resize the start menu, so I can make it bigger and move it up so all
    of it is visible. I am a Windows user from way back and I know I should be able to move the cursor over the right side or top, and holding the left mouse button down be able to drag the right border or the top border to stretch the start menu in order to
    resize it. This does not work. Also going to Personalization>Start>Start Menu (or whatever the last suggestion was) it does not have the selection to resize the menu that the suggestion gives.

RobertRecher, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

Make mouse sensitive part in top border visible?

1. Make mouse sensitive part in top border visible? - Similar Threads - mouse sensitive part

2. Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top: on one of my Windows 11 PCs the mouse pointer disappears below a window e.g. after clicking the start button.How can I change the setting so that the mouse pointer is alway visible on top?...
  3. Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse without Borders - Mouse pointer not always on top: on one of my Windows 11 PCs the mouse pointer disappears below a window e.g. after clicking the start button.How can I change the setting so that the mouse pointer is alway visible on top?...
  4. The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible: When i turn on my Windows 10 laptop, and the desktop is fully loaded, the mouse cursor isn't showing. If I want to make the mouse cursor visible, I have to move the mouse. The cursor won't become visible before I move the mouse. Why is that? How can I make the cursor visible...
  5. The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible

The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible: When i turn on my Windows 10 laptop, and the desktop is fully loaded, the mouse cursor isn't showing. If I want to make the mouse cursor visible, I have to move the mouse. The cursor won't become visible before I move the mouse. Why is that? How can I make the cursor visible...
  6. The mouse cursor is not visible and i have to move the mouse to make it visible

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. mouse sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mouse sensitivity: I have reinstalled my windows today and now my mouse sensitivity is completely changed. before it was on lvl 6 but now we have scale from 1-100 and i dont know which value is same as old default value. Can someone help me please? submitted by /u/eviltunafish [link]...
  8. mouse sensitivity

mouse sensitivity: I had the same issue with my mouse pad, I just adjust the touch pad sensitivity to the lower lever, and it works great now, thanks, I hope it helps ben https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-sensitivity/b09c95f2-4d00-44c1-8a7d-c41e71a3029d
  9. Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II

Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II: After using Mouse Without Borders for several months, my mouse became quite unstable in late October and early November 2018. I uninstalled the program and started over. I have three Windows 10 machines side-by-side and used the program on two of them. I discovered the...
  10. Mouse sensitivity

Mouse sensitivity: my mouse sensitivity is too high when I go the settings and got to mouse there is nothing to change the sensitivity. how can you change the mouse's sensitivity in Windows 10?...