Windows 10: Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10

Discus and support Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have used Outlook as my default email program for many years and have used the contacts from it but it will not sync with my android pie phone. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karl Gamertsfelder, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10

I have used Outlook as my default email program for many years and have used the contacts from it but it will not sync with my android pie phone. I have researched and found out I must use MS Exchange contacts to do this. I'm not clear about how to do this. I have copied my contacts to MS Exchange and can see them fine but when I try to add a new contact I get the attached error message and don't know how to fix this. How do I set my exchange contacts as my default and not my internal contacts? Then should I delete my internal contacts to make the exchange contacts my default? Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10 70443275-8b83-47f7-a5f0-ea1acaa28b5f?upload=true.jpg Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10 e8ad05d4-e12a-4926-bfa3-873ed3dfb0ef?upload=true.jpg

I

:)

Karl Gamertsfelder, Sep 22, 2020
  2. sjalan Win User

Issues syncing contacts with MS Exchange

Thanks for your reply but the field "Car" is not a custom field. It's a default field in MS Outlook where I keep all my contact info and my MS Exchange sync's with it. In fact in Outlook you cannot create custom fields.

Thanks,

Siddhaarth

sjalan, Sep 22, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 22, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10 :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10

1. Make MS Exchange my default contacts in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Exchange default contacts

2. Go Daddy and MS Exchange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go Daddy and MS Exchange: We use Go Daddy as our web hosting platform, as well as providing our business email. We have used Thunderbird as our local client for several years with no problems. Today, I was unable to use it, and after some research, found the settings MS says to use. After editing the...
  3. Go Daddy and MS Exchange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go Daddy and MS Exchange: We use Go Daddy as our web hosting platform, as well as providing our business email. We have used Thunderbird as our local client for several years with no problems. Today, I was unable to use it, and after some research, found the settings MS says to use. After editing the...
  4. Go Daddy and MS Exchange

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. contact ms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    contact ms: HiWhen i try to contact MICROSOFT, I receive a message you are not the owner of this case?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-ms/8dfeff2c-2ba7-4166-9005-d9214f45d39a
  6. contact ms

contact ms: HiWhen i try to contact MICROSOFT, I receive a message you are not the owner of this case?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-ms/8dfeff2c-2ba7-4166-9005-d9214f45d39a
  7. contact ms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  9. Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does MS make it so difficult to contact support?: My Laptop did a windows Update. Now I am stuck at the BitLocker Recovery Key screen. I never enabled BL. Followed the instructions to login to my MS account, and recover the Key, click on devices, then manage Bitlocker and I get the screen saying it is an incorrect url. Also....
  10. Import contacts in to MS Mall on Win 10

Import contacts in to MS Mall on Win 10: I am trying to import my AOL mail contacts in to MS Mail 10 (or the People app, which I understand is the app that interfaces with MS Mail 10 but I can not figure out how to do this. This has nothing to do with Outlook at all, so let's not talk about Outlook. Does anyone...