Windows 10: Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic

Discus and support Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Roland Rubix44 audio interface that I would like to be able to configure in the Windows control panel as 2.1 so that I can use my subwoofer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OliF1, Jan 29, 2023.

1. OliF1 Win User

Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic

Hi,I have a Roland Rubix44 audio interface that I would like to be able to configure in the Windows control panel as 2.1 so that I can use my subwoofer on the 2 outputs that I have remaining after I've plugged my stereo speakers in. I have no other way to connect the sub to the setup, and there are only options for stereo or quadraphonic which doesn't allow me to use the sub in the enhancements section so that I can have it working with apps like Youtube, etc. that only output stereo audio. The driver that handles WDM/MME is supplied by Microsoft, and I was wondering if this could be replaced

:)

OliF1, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 29, 2023
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 29, 2023
  4. JohnMilks Win User

no audio output device installed

I've tried every step that was suggested, still getting no audio output device installed.

JohnMilks, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic - Similar Threads - 4ch output audio

2. Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic: Hi,I have a Roland Rubix44 audio interface that I would like to be able to configure in the Windows control panel as 2.1 so that I can use my subwoofer on the 2 outputs that I have remaining after I've plugged my stereo speakers in. I have no other way to connect the sub to...
  3. Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Make my 4ch output audio interface 2.1 instead of quadraphonic: Hi,I have a Roland Rubix44 audio interface that I would like to be able to configure in the Windows control panel as 2.1 so that I can use my subwoofer on the 2 outputs that I have remaining after I've plugged my stereo speakers in. I have no other way to connect the sub to...
  4. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  5. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  6. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Make audio output mono

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make audio output mono: [ATTACH] How do I make it so that the audio output is mono? https://preview.redd.it/bwmy6couaq961.png?width=242&format=png&auto=webp&s=9af7afeb2da85abe6a1eaa038603f8e7926f984e submitted by /u/36_foxtrot [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio interface to output and input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio interface to output and input: I have an external audio Interface (Behringer UM2) that connect so my PC via usb. What I would like to do is have the audio of the Interface redirected to my default output. But I would also like to have it redirected to the input (So that when I am on a call people can hear...
  9. M Track 2×2 audio interface

M Track 2×2 audio interface: Anytime I'm working with my m track 2 x 2, it will just stop working and there's nothing I can do about it unless I unplug the power cable and plug it back again. Please help me solve this because it's killing me as slowing down my work....
  10. Realtek Audio Quadraphonic sound

Realtek Audio Quadraphonic sound: Hi all, Trying to troubleshoot a friends Dell PC. Sorry don't have all the specs but it's running an up-to-date Windows 10. The issue is that the Realtek drivers think the computer has 4 speakers connected. There are only 2. Going into control panel I can look at the...