Windows 10: Make my account in charge

Discus and support Make my account in charge in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I bought a pc from a friend. We are having an issue because his account is still signed in on this so when I changed the wallpaper it changed it on his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GaryRakes, Jun 9, 2020.

1. GaryRakes Win User

Make my account in charge

I bought a pc from a friend. We are having an issue because his account is still signed in on this so when I changed the wallpaper it changed it on his new one. I tried to sign him out by putting me in I made myself a family member. Now it constantly says I am pending even though I accepted the invite and removed him as family on the website. I have changed my account to administrator but it still has me as pending. How do I get rid of his account and also make myself the lead account?

:)

GaryRakes, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Make my account in charge pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Make my account in charge

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Make my account in charge pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Make my account in charge

1. Make my account in charge - Similar Threads - account charge

2. I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft: I have been in contact about this charge and no resolutionI need to talk to a representative not automated AI emails. Very frustrated scammed customer.Pat *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a fraudulent charge on my bank account from Microsoft: I have been in contact about this charge and no resolutionI need to talk to a representative not automated AI emails. Very frustrated scammed customer.Pat *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Can I speak to an agent? I'm being double charged on my account monthly.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I speak to an agent? I'm being double charged on my account monthly.: I have a history of being double charged on my account monthly. I need to speak to someone about this.* Changed to a question* Original title: can I speak to an agent...
  5. Investigate a billing charge to my bank account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Investigate a billing charge to my bank account?: I have a bank account change to my account of £79.99Don't know what it's for? I only have a account with my work which is payed for through them. Can you please let me know what this is for? So I can cancel it. If possible can you please call me. UK 07799008373 or email ***...
  6. Investigate a billing charge to my bank account?

Investigate a billing charge to my bank account?: I have a bank account change to my account of £79.99Don't know what it's for? I only have a account with my work which is payed for through them. Can you please let me know what this is for? So I can cancel it. If possible can you please call me. UK 07799008373 or email ***...
  7. We have an unauthorized charge on our paypal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have an unauthorized charge on our paypal account: We received a notification from paypal that we were charged for an account, after looking at previous statements it looks like we have been charged every year for a few years. I work for a non-profit and we do have a non-profit business account but this is showing as a...
  8. We have an unauthorized charge on our paypal account

We have an unauthorized charge on our paypal account: We received a notification from paypal that we were charged for an account, after looking at previous statements it looks like we have been charged every year for a few years. I work for a non-profit and we do have a non-profit business account but this is showing as a...
  9. There is a charge on my credit card that is linked to an account I do not have the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a charge on my credit card that is linked to an account I do not have the...: My son had an xbox that I added my card too. He is no longer with us and I do not know the account info and need the automatic payment to stop....
  10. There is a charge on my credit card that is linked to an account I do not have the...

There is a charge on my credit card that is linked to an account I do not have the...: My son had an xbox that I added my card too. He is no longer with us and I do not know the account info and need the automatic payment to stop....