Windows 10: Make my computer recognize my network drive

Discus and support Make my computer recognize my network drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 computers on my home network, and one shared network drive. One computer recognizes it, but the other does not. How do I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisGBerry, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Make my computer recognize my network drive

I have two Windows 10 computers on my home network, and one shared network drive. One computer recognizes it, but the other does not. How do I make my computer recognize the drive?

:)

DennisGBerry, Nov 21, 2020
  2. zmlc29 Win User

network and internet

this hard drive is not connected to my computer, it is connected to my wireless router.

after scanning for hardware changes as you suggested in step one, there is no usb hard drive
    listed on my computer, either in the device manager, or in the network list in file manager which includes both computers connected to the router. this computer is recognizing the router, internet, and other computers connected to the router.
    it is not recognizing the hard drive connected tot he wireless router.

I checked my wireless router to see if the usb hard drive is discoverable and verified that it is.

zmlc29, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    computer not recognizing usb drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use USB drive on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error when connecting a USB drive?
    • Does this issue occur only with one particular USB or with all the USB drives?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized”
    except for Method 1 and 2.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Make my computer recognize my network drive

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Make my computer recognize my network drive

1. Make my computer recognize my network drive - Similar Threads - computer recognize network

2. my computer does not recognize an external drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not recognize an external drive.: I have attached an external hard drive via a usb port but this computer does not recognize the drive. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-an-external-drive/bcc73174-e3ee-4198-8b4a-631207a46f1a
  3. my computer does not recognize an external drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not recognize an external drive.: I have attached an external hard drive via a usb port but this computer does not recognize the drive. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-an-external-drive/bcc73174-e3ee-4198-8b4a-631207a46f1a
  4. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive: my computer will not find my thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-willl-not-recognize-my-thumb-drive/556d45fc-778e-48f5-82cb-922c09dfc091
  5. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive: my computer will not find my thumb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-willl-not-recognize-my-thumb-drive/556d45fc-778e-48f5-82cb-922c09dfc091
  6. my computer willl not recognize my thumb drive

7. Computer not recognizing networks

Computer not recognizing networks: So my laptop was recognizing all of the networks around me, but not mine. I tried putting up a hotspot on phone but didnt recognize that network either. Not effecting other devices. Please help...
  8. Computer not recognizing networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not recognizing networks: So my laptop was recognizing all of the networks around me, but not mine. I tried putting up a hotspot on phone but didnt recognize that network either. Not effecting other devices. Please help...
  9. my computer will not recognize my disc drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer will not recognize my disc drive: why won't my computer recognize my disc drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-recognize-my-disc-drive/f943c5d7-b655-452b-8fa5-8300881aca22
  10. External hard drive not recognized in My Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive not recognized in My Computer: I have a USB External hard drive which is not showing up in My Computer although it was formerly. What can I do to correct this or access my data on it. I'm using Win10 with the latest updates. Thanks....