Windows 10: make myself admin again

Discus and support make myself admin again in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the only user on this Windows 10 desktop computer. To solve a booting up problem I changed myself from admin to standard user and no longer need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Babskie, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Babskie Win User

make myself admin again

I am the only user on this Windows 10 desktop computer. To solve a booting up problem I changed myself from admin to standard user and no longer need to boot up as administrer and can see my normal files. However, now It seems impossible to do some things and I am unable to get into anything to change myself back to administrator. There is no place to type in a password (which I don't think I ever created) in answer to questions about "do I want to allow microsoft to make changes to this computer?" just a "No" bar. In CMD only myself as user appears - C:\users\babsb> I am told in CMD "system error 5 has occurred" "access denied".

I am guessing that there no longer is an administrator on my computer, so, what can I do?

:)

Babskie, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Bree, Nov 1, 2019
  4. djmcnz Win User

make myself admin again

running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

make myself admin again

1. make myself admin again - Similar Threads - myself admin again

2. Not able to make my account admin again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to make my account admin again: I had to create another account to install some cisco applications and I deleted that account afterward. Now my original account is the only one that remains but I cannot make it admin. List of things I tried:1. Change account type from the control panel I change it from...
  3. Not able to make my account admin again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to make my account admin again: I had to create another account to install some cisco applications and I deleted that account afterward. Now my original account is the only one that remains but I cannot make it admin. List of things I tried:1. Change account type from the control panel I change it from...
  4. Not able to make my account admin again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  6. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make myself admin... without admin.: Last year I tried resetting my computer and getting rid of all the excess stuff on it years back, when I had no tech knowledge I kind of screwed some things up. In the process, I went to hell and back deleting all sorts of files. To restore the computer, I need 8 gigs of...
  7. Make myself admin... without admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need admin privilege's to make myself admin?

Need admin privilege's to make myself admin?: I am attempting to go into my Control Panel>User Accounts>User Accounts to change my account type to an administrator, but when I attempt to do so I get a pop up from User Account Control that says "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" with User...
  9. Giving Myself Admin Powers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Giving Myself Admin Powers: Hello, I have 1 account only that dosent have administrator, I cant give myself administrator, I have tried everything, And nothing works. Please give me tips on how to give administrator to myself. Thanks...
  10. Making myself admin in windows 10

Making myself admin in windows 10: I am named as the admin; however, m computer does not recognize this status. What to do? Thanks, Michael https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-myself-admin-in-windows-10/ce986e55-35d0-4afa-b9cd-3f8ee57983c1