Windows 10: Make new user with premade user file

Discus and support Make new user with premade user file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There might be alot of info about it but i just cant figure out how to google and find it. I have user file from old account and i want to use it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wasted_name, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Make new user with premade user file

There might be alot of info about it but i just cant figure out how to google and find it. I have user file from old account and i want to use it on new account, how can i do that?

submitted by /u/wasted_name
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wasted_name, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 3, 2020
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Make new user with premade user file

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Make new user with premade user file 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Make new user with premade user file

1. Make new user with premade user file - Similar Threads - user premade user

2. When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer: Attached is a screenshot describing what I describe in the question but when I create a new user the account loads without icons and explorer seems very bare. I've tried making the user admin and standard and both are the same. I've also tried making another user in case it...
  3. When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer: Attached is a screenshot describing what I describe in the question but when I create a new user the account loads without icons and explorer seems very bare. I've tried making the user admin and standard and both are the same. I've also tried making another user in case it...
  4. New user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New user: Pretty recently a new account called "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" appeared I can't see it in the log-in menu but once i go to accounts > Family. A new user "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" appears and I'm not sure what I can do about it since I...
  5. New user but no user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New user but no user folder: I added a new admin user to windows 10 then removed a user. The new user does not have a user folder and the user that was removed is still there. Do I need to remake the user?...
  6. Help making new user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help making new user account: ok so I made this new user account(through cmd prompt) for guest purposes because my default account has way too many adobe products running in the background does anyone know if its possible for my guest account to not have the adobe products installed but the default user...
  7. Make A New User Outside Of Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make A New User Outside Of Settings: Recently my settings have completely stopped working, it doesnt even flash when i try and open them, i have tried using run to do ms-settings but it says the app is not installed, i assume that settings has somehow been completely uninstalled from my device and all i can...
  8. make files available to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make files available to all users: I am administrator. I created new standard user account for myself. How do I make files, pictures, documents in my administrator account accessible to my new user account?...
  9. new user

in Windows 10 Support
    new user: Dear All, I am new to ten forums. Hello. I have a problem with my keyboard. When I type with it I can enter about 8 or nine characters (sometimes more) and no more at all UNTIL I move the mouse to end of the text I just typed and left click then the cursor appears. At...
  10. Query about making a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Query about making a new user account: I have a main account (admin) which I use for most of my work stuff, but I've got a whole lot of private stuff like passwords and old videos and pictures from my childhood that i don't really want to be accessible in case i forget to lock my PC and one of my roommates was...