Windows 10: make new windows 10 profile not sharing any software or information between them

Discus and support make new windows 10 profile not sharing any software or information between them in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; want to make a new account on my computer so i can have one account with all my games and other non work software and another account that cant access... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DeanMillard1, Oct 10, 2020.

1. make new windows 10 profile not sharing any software or information between them

want to make a new account on my computer so i can have one account with all my games and other non work software and another account that cant access any of the other accounts software, yet everytime i make a new local account it takes software from the other account. do i need to make another partition or something?

:)

DeanMillard1, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Unable to share information from HomeGroup on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with connecting to the HomeGroup network.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to share any information on your computers?
    • Which troubleshooter have you deployed to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Were you able to see the other computer under newly created HomeGroup?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on network discovery on both the computers

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.

• Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter if not yet tried and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.

• In the Control Panel window, select
      Category and then select Large icons.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click View all and then click on
      HomeGroup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10 computer that you performed reset on.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

make new windows 10 profile not sharing any software or information between them

Delta6326, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

make new windows 10 profile not sharing any software or information between them

1. make new windows 10 profile not sharing any software or information between them - Similar Threads - profile sharing software

2. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and software being shared between profiles: I created another profile on my laptop to use just for my office. But when I create local user, it brings over stuff from my main account with games and other software. Also, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on my work profile and it also shows up on my main profile. Is there any...
  3. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and software being shared between profiles: I created another profile on my laptop to use just for my office. But when I create local user, it brings over stuff from my main account with games and other software. Also, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on my work profile and it also shows up on my main profile. Is there any...
  4. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Share user profile between two windows on the same PC

Share user profile between two windows on the same PC: I have two windows on my PC, one is main and the other is with Insiders program activated. Can I share user profile from my main windows to one with Insiders?...
  6. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles: My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which...
  7. Best file sharing software between Android and Win 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best file sharing software between Android and Win 10 PC?: Is there any software that can even let me share folders not only specific files? submitted by /u/Zaydh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo4ea/best_file_sharing_software_between_android_and/
  8. Sharing information between two laptops

Sharing information between two laptops: Hello, There are two laptops in different rooms. Can I share information between them? If so, how? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-information-between-two-laptops/e0607e52-68af-4786-8fbf-e9a712d40e43
  9. any information how windows color profiles works ?

in Windows 10 Support
    any information how windows color profiles works ?: I wasn't able to google anything about windows color profile, except one thread from microsoft forums of someone saying, that there is no info how color profiles works and a lot of settings is unclear. Removing default icc color profiles reduces input lag drastically !!! I...
  10. Sharing files between profiles

Sharing files between profiles: After a whole day struggling with a damaged profile, I have no choice but to create a new one and miragate all my files and settings over. At the moment I can't access the folders in my old profile I'm getting an error message that says 'you don't currently have permissions...