Windows 10: Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Discus and support Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ericnixmd, Apr 30, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do.

Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing size, etc.

Has anyone had any success in getting Outlook to remember window size and position?

:)

ericnixmd, Apr 30, 2018
  2. MesPia Win User

Maintaining sizes and positions of application upon startup

I have three applications that are in my startup folder: File Explorer, Outlook 2016, and Microsoft Edge Browser. Those applications are open all day long, but at night I have my power settings shutdown the computer after 5 hours. In the morning, when
    I restart the computer, those applications are restarted, but Microsoft Edge is not in the same position and its window is not the same sizes as when the computer was shut down. Both File Explorer and Outlook 2016 seem to be in the same positions and have
    the same sizes. Is there a way to tell Windows to remember the position and size of Edge, so I don't have to manually resize and reposition it every morning?

MesPia, Apr 30, 2018
  3. jrowla Win User
    Page size.

June 13, 2016

The correction to Win 10 has also corrected the window size.

Office 365, Outlook 2016, and Windows 10.

I spent 1'06" on the phone with Microsoft in the county of India, temperature in India 110 degrees.

After the initial discussion with questions and answers Microsoft Support removed all my information and files from OL 2016. They worked so fast that it was hard for me to see and or remember what they did. After running several tests they determined that
    Windows 10 was at fault.Windows 10 was repaired all my data was re-installed. I now have a proper functioning Outlook 2016.

Thought you would like to know.

John

jrowla, Apr 30, 2018
  4. ericnixmd Win User

I think I figured it out.

Right click the title menu, choose size, then use the keyboard arrow keys to make one side where you want it. Repeat for each side. Finally close the program. It seems to remember it that way.

ericnixmd, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Remember

2. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  3. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  4. Is there a way to make programs remember their size & location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make programs remember their size & location?: I'm running 4 displays but one of them isn't next to me so it's a bit of a pain when things don't go where they need to be. I keep a Chrome window & Rekordbox DJ open on my separated display. I'm using half the screen for each window, (4k portrait, 2160x1920 windows) Is...
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  6. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...
  7. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  8. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...
  9. Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice: I would check Staret => Settings => Apps => Apps and features => scroll down to Office => left click once => Modify Should bring up a repair . . Thanks, I've passed this along. I'll post again when I get results.
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size