Windows 10: Make Pictures an Offline Folder

Discus and support Make Pictures an Offline Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i make the Pictures folder, an offline folder so all the pictures show, instead of some having a thumbnail[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrsnM, Apr 12, 2020.

1. BrsnM Win User

Make Pictures an Offline Folder

How do i make the Pictures folder, an offline folder so all the pictures show, instead of some having a thumbnail Make Pictures an Offline Folder 955b1b6e-c3fb-4b89-8563-ddbbb59fa447?upload=true.png

:)

BrsnM, Apr 12, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 12, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Make Pictures an Offline Folder [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Make Pictures an Offline Folder - Similar Threads - Pictures Offline Folder

2. Picture Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folders: I'm having a problem with my picture folders. I used to be able to open a folder or sub folder and the thumbnails of other pictures in that folder would display along the bottom. It no longer does that. So now I'm unable to perform comparison or do collages. Any thoughts as...
  3. Pictures in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  4. Picture Folder

Picture Folder: When I upload some photos from my phone all I get is that they were uploaded but I can't view them and just says "We can't open this file." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folder/adf8efee-979e-4790-b789-8133c95068df"
  5. Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images...: This is very annoying. Pictures folder is marked as 'offline'. I'm using 'Free up space' menu option severalt times a day, but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images constantly....
  6. Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...

Make folder not always available offline that is within a folder that is always available...: For the ease of this post I will be using AAO as "always available offline". I have been told by a user that he want an folder to not be AAO within a folder that is AAO. As in, he wants to make a folder AAO go in that folder and untick AAO from a folder in there. He...
  7. Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures folders: How can I change control of pictures folder from one drive to this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-folders/be7591b8-795e-4a35-9824-59cd3d8198a8
  8. Pictures folder

Pictures folder: Somehow my "Pictures" folder has renamed itself to "Favorites". When I look at properties though it still shows "pictures". I cannot rename it either. Wondering how & why this happened??? I am using Windows 10...
  9. Making pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Making pictures: I am old and not a computer person. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I have written a story and wish to make a children's book out of it, with pictures. I saw a television commercial (I think it was a Windows 10 commercial?) where...
  10. Offline Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Offline Folder: So I posted previously about Folder can't delete. It's showing in C:\ as C:\ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C. However when I try to delete this it says it no longer exists on C: But looking at views it shows it is File Folder ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C...