Windows 10: Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

Discus and support Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/techloverrylan, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

Hi there!

I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible. Sorry if this is confusing

submitted by /u/techloverrylan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/techloverrylan, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Open a Program on any Monitor where I open at?

Hi,

Regardless of how many monitors are set up on a computer, one main display is allowed. For your security, we cannot offer any third-party applications that are not approved by Microsoft.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps below on how can an application open in a specific monitor:

• Open an application, then drag it to the monitor you want it to open.
    • Restore down the application (window mode). To do so, press the Windows
      key + the Arrow down key on your keyboard.
    • Close the application by clicking the X mark icon.
    • Relaunch the application to confirm.

Note that this workaround may or may not work for all applications.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Opening programs on a twin monitor setup

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Hover to the open application on the taskbar.
    • You'll get a miniature Preview screen of the said application.
    • Hover your mouse over the Preview screen.
    • Right click on Restore.
    • Re-hover over the same Preview screen.
    • Right click on Move.
    • Use the arrow keys to move the application on your desired screen/position.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

Set specific programs to open on the 2nd Monitor

Hi,

As of yet, there is no specific option that allows you to set certain programs to open on a specified display monitor. Programs open on whichever display monitor is chosen as the main monitor.

For advanced troubleshooting, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet forums
    where we have experts who are more knowledgeable regarding the matter.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

1. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on - Similar Threads - Program open same

2. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  3. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  4. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.: For example both my monitors have the same taskbar. I want to open chrome on my first monitor then move my cursor to the second monitor and when I click chrome on the second monitor a new chrome instance of chrome opens on the second monitor rather than it opening on the...
  6. Open and close programs at the same time

Open and close programs at the same time: I want two programs to open and close 2 programs automaticly. Is there a way I can do this and how?? submitted by /u/CaptainKeanu1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr6uqh/open_and_close_programs_at_the_same_time/
  7. opening programs on dual monitor

opening programs on dual monitor: I cant figure out how to get a program to launch on the screen from the taskbar on that screen. Lets say I click on Firefox on my main monitor (default) and it opens on my main, and I drag it to my secondary monitor and when I'm done I close the window. The next time I...
  8. Monitors crash open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors crash open programs: I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and not have to log in the 5 accounts each one by one all the time because it is irritating and time consuming. I had to clean my PC of a virus and I had to restore it to factory...
  9. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time: I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same monitor after dragging the program to the selected monitor, "restore down" and close the program. It works for "some" programs,...
  10. 2nd Monitor Not Opening Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd Monitor Not Opening Programs: I am using Samsung TV (brand new) as a 2nd monitor for a ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10. I have it set to "Extend" and can see the desktop and task bar on the screen. When I open something on my laptop, it works just fine. When I try to open something on the monitor, it...