Windows 10: Make screen fill wide monitor

Discus and support Make screen fill wide monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dodgebrotherjim, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Make screen fill wide monitor

I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle leaving a couple of inches of blank screen on either side. I've searched the display settings but can't find what is set wrong. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

DodgeBrotherJim

:)

dodgebrotherjim, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Mitsubishi Intros A Pair of New DiamondCrysta Wide Series Monitors

Looks like they are IPS, but is it true that they are fully 120Hz compliant? I see they seem to list Dual Link DVI connections but I'm confused by the diagram that suggests the monitor internally generates the extra frames. *Confused Make screen fill wide monitor :confused:

Jstn7477, Nov 29, 2018
  4. janushka Win User

Make screen fill wide monitor

wide monitor view

I am getting the wide monitor view on all of my documents as well as photos, illustrations and printed matter. Have checked settings and setting is portrait but still showing very wide view. I am using an HP printer

janushka, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Make screen fill wide monitor

1. Make screen fill wide monitor - Similar Threads - screen fill wide

2. I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it.: I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-extra-wide-screen-windows-10-how-can-i-fill/5a80dcae-dd99-433a-82d6-debd6529ebc2
  3. I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it.: I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-extra-wide-screen-windows-10-how-can-i-fill/5a80dcae-dd99-433a-82d6-debd6529ebc2
  4. I have extra wide screen, Windows 10. How can I fill it. F11 doesn't fill it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wide screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wide screen: Until an update Wednesday 9/9/20 screen was okay. Then after update everytthing is wide, settings are same as before. 164328
  6. Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen: I recently started using an ultra-wide (3440x1440) monitor and noticed that the custom image I use for the lock screen wasn't displaying the full image. The image is 1920x1080. But, when the lock screen appears, it looks like the image is being zoomed to fill the space...
  7. How to choose a wide monitor ?

How to choose a wide monitor ?: I currently run an EVGA Geoforce GTX 950sc with a 24" acer monitor. I have often wondered about upsizing my monitor to a wide screen such as this LG https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1A&ignorebbr=1, but I am unsure if my graphics card would be capable of operating the...
  8. Filling large size external monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filling large size external monitor screen: I just reinstalled Windows 10. Now the screen of my external monitor does not fill completely. I tried changing the resolution through settings, but the options I am given do not include a high enough resolution (1920 for a 24 inch screen I think). How do I add this...
  9. Windows 10 not filling the screen on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not filling the screen on my monitor?: Hi Can anyone tell me how to get Windows 10 to give me a full screen view? I have set the resolution to 1920 by 1080 the same as my monitor but the image doesn't fill my screen. I tried to make a screen shot but of course it only covers the area that's shown, so it...
  10. monitor does not fill

monitor does not fill: since I downloaded windows 10 my monitor screen does not fill ,ive done everything I think I need to do,ive re-installed software that didn't load on the download, do I need to download anything else to solve this annoyance frank. 22313

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image onscreen not filling display

2. monitor display not filling screen