Windows 10: Make selection highlight darker/clearer

Discus and support Make selection highlight darker/clearer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm pretty sure that file selections in Windows 7 were quite clear but in Windows 10 they're extremely faint and difficult to make out. The screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by THX1138, Oct 3, 2016.

1. THX1138 Win User

Make selection highlight darker/clearer

I'm pretty sure that file selections in Windows 7 were quite clear but in Windows 10 they're extremely faint and difficult to make out. The screenshot below shows that some files are selected; file 0008 is clearly selected but the files that follow are also selected but you can barely make it out. How do I make the selection highlights thicker and darker?

Make selection highlight darker/clearer [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Oct 3, 2016
  2. meld51 Win User

Search Filters: How can I see them?

Thank you but this does not approach an answer to my questions.

I have highlighted the questions in my original post to make it clearer to readers what I am asking for.

Thanks

meld51, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Making text clearer

How do I change text to black on Windows 10?

GaryKuesel, Oct 3, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

The screenshot you posted doesn't look like the standard Windows 10 File Explorer. Do you have some sort of third-party Windows 7 theme installed? If so, I'd look to see if you can change it's settings there.

This is what selections look like in the standard Windows 10 File Explorer.

ARC1020, Oct 4, 2016
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks. I have Windows Blinds installed. I'll go ask on their forum.

THX1138, Oct 20, 2016
  6. kikiburgh Win User
    hello tenforums. this is my 1st post & please accept my apologies for bumping this thread. however, i have a similar concern where i can barely see selections, though there is no 3rd party theme installed. kindly see attached image. i am hoping there are some settings i can apply to have darker distinction between selected & deselected items. appreciate your feedback.

kikiburgh, Nov 3, 2016
  7. Loopygram Win User
    My highlights are a very pale grey so I can only see whats highlighted if I move my head a certain way. It's very annoying to say the least. I would also like an answer to this issue. Doing the Ease of Access doesn't do what I want at all.

Loopygram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Make selection highlight darker/clearer - Similar Threads - selection highlight darker

2. Taskbar Color make it Darker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Color make it Darker: Is there a way to make the color of the taskbar darker or, maybe make the start menu, taskbar, and the action center darker or change the color of the taskbar alone without using any software? I don't want to use dark windows mode anymore. The light windows mode is just too...
  3. Taskbar Color make it darker

Taskbar Color make it darker: Is there a way to make the color of the taskbar darker or, maybe make thestart menu, taskbar, and theaction center darker or change the color of the taskbar alone without using any software? I don't want to use dark windows mode anymore. Any registry hacks?...
  4. How to make a scroll bar darker?

How to make a scroll bar darker?: Is there a method to make a scroll bar darker. I have a problem with sight and it gives me trouble to distinguish the grey hue. Thank you a lot CHEERS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-scroll-bar-darker/30fe3932-572b-49a2-8287-935939445431
  5. make windows backgrounds darker

make windows backgrounds darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all window backgrounds bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC...
  6. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  7. how to make screen text darker

how to make screen text darker: hi - i can barely read the light text on my computer. windows 10 lenovo laptop. how can i darken it. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-screen-text-darker/eb378c93-2daa-4069-af8e-44bc8768f758
  8. make text appear darker on the screen

make text appear darker on the screen: I have windows 10 and the letters are mostly light. Some letters are darker than other but really hard to read. I have hunted and hunted to find where I can make the text more bold. This ole grannie really needs help. Thank you DeLories...
  9. How To Make Type Clearer To Read On Webpage's

in Browsers and Email
    How To Make Type Clearer To Read On Webpage's: Hi, I currently use a 32" led television as my desktop monitor, it's connected via a VGA To HDMI Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The image on this television is at clearer using this hdmi connection verses using a vga connection.Of course I try...
  10. Firefox blue highlight color is sometimes darker. Why?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox blue highlight color is sometimes darker. Why?: So I'm not sure if this is a Firefox bug/issue, or a Windows bug/issue, as I think Chrome does it too. On occasion when I start my computers (two of them), or do a reboot, the blue highlight color is sometimes darker. After a while it magically turns a lighter blue (as it did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make window selection highlights darker

2. windows 10 darker highlight

3. windows 10 darker highlight text

4. make the highlight darker on my computer