Windows 10: Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen

Discus and support Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, So I have the following problem. I have 2 monitors: monitor 1: Laptop display of my surface book 3000 x 2000 monitor 2: monitor, Full HD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r1chard132, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen

Hey all,
    So I have the following problem. I have 2 monitors:

monitor 1: Laptop display of my surface book 3000 x 2000

monitor 2: monitor, Full HD, size-wise significantly bigger than my surface book display.

The problem is, that monitor 1 is recognized as being bigger than monitor 2.

Which is why the transition between the two monitors using the mouse is off.

Is there a setting in Windows 10 to make it recognize the actual size of the monitors instead of the pixel count?

Thank you a lot in advance!

submitted by /u/r1chard132
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/r1chard132, Apr 15, 2021

2. Interface text and icons too small on high dpi screen

The text and icons of all Office 2016 Professional suite apps are too small and almost uncomfortable to use on my 15.6 inch laptop screen of 1920X1080 screen resolution. The office suite has all its latest updates installed. Below is an office 2016 Word
    screenshot:

Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen 52c43590-305e-4379-a977-ff5f7b2e6190?upload=true.png

Please fix this issue so that the office apps scale well on high dpi screens.

Moved from: Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016

Original title/subject:
    Microsoft Office 2016 suite interface text and icons too small on high dpi screen

TonyThuitai, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Small feature suggestion - About screen tooltip

Small feature suggestions - About screen tooltip + forums link

Suggestion: When you rest the mouse cursor over the videocard brand, a tooltip to appear, saying "About GPU-Z...".
    I think this would be nice. What do you think?

EDIT: Also, having a link to the program forums (these forums *Smile Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen :)) in the About screen would be nice - some other programs have that, see the Core Temp About screen, for example.

4. Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen

Some Microsoft Casual Games interface text and icons too small on high dpi screen

Only three Microsoft Casual Games scale well on my high dpi 15.6 inch laptop screen of 1920x1080 screen resolution, that is, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Microsoft Mahjong and Microsoft Ultimate Word Games o far.

Below is a screenshot of Microsoft Ultimate word games, a game that scales well on high dpi screen.

Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen [​IMG]

Other Microsoft Casual Games like Microsoft Sudoku, Microsoft Minesweeper, Microsoft Taptiles and other Microsoft Casual Games in the Microsoft Store do not scale well on my high dpi laptop screen. The interface text and icons is almost too small and uncomfortable
    to use. The gameplay is a bit fuzzy. Below is a screenshot of Microsoft Minesweeper, a game that does not scale well on high dpi screen.

Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen 012e99d6-30b0-49e6-b355-dea93a18de9e?upload=true.png

All of these games mentioned above, I have tested their dpi awareness using Sysinternals Process Explorer and found out that they are all Per-Moniter aware. Their scaling doesn't change after changing the scale percentage.

TonyThuitai, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen

1. Make small but high DPI screen be recognized as small screen instead of big screen - Similar Threads - small high DPI

2. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small: The display I'm using is already small, 800x480, and the on-screen keyboard that comes up on the lock screen / sign in screen is way too small. Another screen I have of the same size has the keyboard fill the width of the screen and I need this screen to do the same. I have...
  3. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small: The display I'm using is already small, 800x480, and the on-screen keyboard that comes up on the lock screen / sign in screen is way too small. Another screen I have of the same size has the keyboard fill the width of the screen and I need this screen to do the same. I have...
  4. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Small pop up screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small pop up screen: During every boot up this appears; [ATTACH] What does this mean? Regards, Not2Available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-pop-up-screen/763adf42-cee1-4557-8afc-418395e11921
  6. screen to small for desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen to small for desktop: after update can't get all of the page on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-to-small-for-desktop/1b35671d-f946-4e4c-9ba1-05ee4e3e5456
  7. small screen displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    small screen displays: I keep getting content will not display correctly on small screen why? what can do about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-screen-displays/acb927ce-32d4-4d18-b50b-2475e1c09c40
  8. Small black box on screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small black box on screen: Recently a small semi-transparent black box appeared on my screen that doesn't pop up on and screenshots, and it doesn't appear when I launch my PC on diagnostic mode. Im not sure how to get rid of it. submitted by /u/OnyxSm [link] [comments]...
  9. Screen Resolution Too Small

Screen Resolution Too Small: Hello, recently my computer started up and the resolution was too small. I have gone into the display settings and there is no option for what it normally should be. I have also made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Any idea what to do?...
  10. Small Screen . . .

Small Screen . . .: I wanted to watch the movie, Bye Bye Birdie, with Ann-Margret and Conway Twitty. But, it only plays, on a small screen. Plus, it won't expand to a full screen. I really wanted to see, that movie. But, not like this. Is their, anyway to fix this? Check out this, shortcut....