Windows 10: make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

Discus and support make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyway to make start button list all my applications without having to to click all apps and remove the abc categories? 8970 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Torrentula81, Jul 25, 2015.

1. make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

Anyway to make start button list all my applications without having to to click all apps and remove the abc categories?

:)

Torrentula81, Jul 25, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Photo app in updated Windows 10

Hi Kenneth, you can make Infranview the default with one setting . . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu

Go to Apps - Default Apps

Scroll down and click 'Set Defaults by App'

In the list of apps click on InfranView

On the right click 'Set this Program as Default'

The text above the button should change to 'This program has all its defaults'

That's it

If you want to remove the Photos App altogether:

Open Powershell as Administrator (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Run this command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Close Powershell and restart your PC

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 right click context menu missing "Edit" option. How do I add it?

I have two programs which can edit .abc files, one is Notepad, the other is Maestro. Notepad is used for manual edits because the code in these files is plain text, Maestro both plays the file (as music using a specific sound font) and allows for general
    editing. I'm just trying to make it easier to choose between Notepad and Maestro by adding an "Edit" option for this file type.

My computer does show the .abc file type, and it allows me to choose a default program to "Open" the file. I have this set to a third program, "ABC Player" which does what it says, it plays .abc files as music with the same sound font as Maestro.

It took google search to find out where to find the version of Windows 10 I'm running, but I did find it. 1709

The apps I'm using, except for Notepad, are not "installed" apps, they're java-based apps. They are not listed in my "Apps" or "Programs" management areas. But if I can get an "Edit" option for .abc, then I can find and select Maestro, and tick "Always use
    this program". That's how I got "Open" to use ABC Player. By default, because an .abc file is text-based, Notepad appears as the first choice for "Open With".

YvanStrong, Jul 25, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

I doubt there is a way to have it like the old menu, I find it easier just clicking on a letter to bring up the alphabet then choose the letter of the app I need - the scrolling drives me nuts.

Superfly, Jul 25, 2015
  5. CalBear37 Win User
    Classic Shell *Smile

CalBear37, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

1. make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories - Similar Threads - start button default

2. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?: When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs. However, following the latest update, that function is removed. From now on, the "All Apps" section is always collapsed. The option "Show apps list in start menu" has been...
  3. Remove Start button

Remove Start button: Hi I am a Windows 10 user and i like to see my screen clean of buttons as most of the tasks are very easily fulfilled by the keyboard. One of such buttons is the start button. Is there any way i can remove the Start button from my taskbar? * Moved from Health & Band...
  4. ABC iView App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ABC iView App: I am new to the windows 10 platform. Can anyone tell me if there is an App for ABC iView and where I can find it. If it makes any difference I have a Surface Pro 6. Finding Apps seems to be a nightmare. Thanks in advance....
  5. abc

abc: Does anyone know what this is all about? It keeps popping up whenever I'm typing and I can't get rid of it. It's very distracting and sometimes obliterates the words that I'm trying to type. I would be grateful for any advice on getting rid of it>[ATTACH]...
  6. ABC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ABC: helllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp my pc heating cpu 100% went i startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/abc/96c262eb-09ad-478f-b8c4-beb79d4724df
  7. ABC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ABC: helllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp my pc heating cpu 100% went i startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_start-windows_10/abc/96c262eb-09ad-478f-b8c4-beb79d4724df
  8. How to make the Start be the default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make the Start be the default?: I just built a new machine. When It starts it opens to the Windows back ground image. I have to click the start icon in the task bar to bring up start with the tiles. On my other machines and my surface it defaults to the start with Tiles. Also, clicking any where on the...
  9. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....
  10. All Apps - How to sort by Category?

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps - How to sort by Category?: In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first. Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10? I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build...