Windows 10: Make Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon

Discus and support Make Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Introduction I have a batch file that I run minimised & with the icon I have chosen. I am happy with the way it runs as I do not need to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Try3, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Try3 Win User

Make Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon

Introduction

I have a batch file that I run minimised & with the icon I have chosen. I am happy with the way it runs as I do not need to see the Command window every time and having my chosen icon on the TaskBar shows me at a glance what is running.

I also want to run this batch file from Task scheduler in the same way - minimised & with my chosen icon. Windows Task scheduler does not want to cooperate; it opens a command window and the TaskBar icon that appears is the default Cmd icon.

However, Windows Task scheduler can be persuaded to cooperate by creating intermediate files that initiate the desired batch file.

This method can be used for any batch file, vbs file or other script file.

This article assumes sufficient general skills with scripting & Task scheduler so that it can focus on achieving the minimised window & specific icon.

1 Security & file locations

1.1 All my batch files, vbs files & other script files are saved in subfolders of C:\Tools, a folder that has particular permissions set up to protect its contents against undesirable access such as malware infiltration. Setting up this protected folder can be done very quickly and easily and it does not affect running the files.

1.2 My C:\Tools folder forces Admin prompts for all changes [additions, amendments & deletions]. I do not amend my batch files, vbs files & other script files very often so I do not mind the inconvenience of forcing Admin prompts on myself.

1.3 The procedure for setting up C:\Tools is in the Annex to this article.

1.4 I have subfolders for each task or group of tasks so I don’t get confused about which file is part of which procedure; I have, for example, C:\Tools\Backup, C:\Tools\Network, C:\Tools\PhoneSync, C:\Tools\PVR.

1.5 I also have a corresponding group of subfolders within C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents\ToolsDevn where I do all the drafting & amendments. Copying updated versions to C:\Tools becomes, in effect, the act of publication.

2 Write the batch file that will do the required job - ThisBatch.bat

2.1 Write it in a convenient drafting folder such as C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents\ToolsDevn\ThisBatch

2.2 Test ThisBatch.bat on its own now so that its function can be relied upon when testing the whole job later on.

2.3 Create the folder C:\Tools\ThisBatch and copy ThisBatch.bat into it. Give Admin permission when challenged.

3 Create a batch file shortcut - ThisBatch.lnk

3.1 In C:\Tools\ThisBatch, right-click on ThisBatch.bat and select Create shortcut. Accept the offer to create the shortcut on your desktop then move it into your drafting folder.

3.2 Tidy up the name so it appears as ThisBatch. It is actually called, in full, ThisBatch.lnk but the file extension is deliberately hidden by the system.

3.3 Right-click on ThisBatch.lnk & select Properties.

3.4 Click on the Run entry and select Minimised then click on the Apply button to save the change. This particular setting prepares the shortcut for independent use but is not used here - it is overridden by a parameter in section 4.

3.5 Click on the Change icon… button. You will see a warning that ThisBatch.bat contains no icons. Accept the warning & the Change icon dialog then appears.

3.6 A gallery of icons appears from which you can select one that is in some way indicative of the job that ThisBatch.bat will be doing.

3.7 Select from any of the available icons, click on OK then click on the Apply button to save the change.

3.8 If you cannot find an appropriate icon then you can open other icon files to look there. In the Change icon dialog’s Look for icons in this file: field, type in the path to other icon sources then press your keyboard’s
    Enter/Return key or click on the Browse button to reach them. Icon sources include- %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll {this is the default shown when you first open the Change icon dialog}
    - %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll
    - %systemroot%\system32\moricons.dll
    - C:\Windows\explorer.exe and other exe files in the Windows folder
    - Application exe files in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)
    - Individual .ico files that applications have created
    - Individual .ico files that you have created
    - Individual .ico files that you have downloaded
    3.9 Always scan any downloaded icon with your antimalware application. Then right-click on the icon, select Properties and look near the bottom of the dialog for an entry Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer. Now that you have scanned the icon with your antimalware application, you can click in the checkbox to Unblock it. Merely as an example, Developers Icons by Sekkyumu contains several freeware icons for download.

3.10 It can be worth taking some time to select an icon because, in operation, the icon will appear in the TaskBar as your only indicator of what is running.

3.11 If your batch file requires arguments when initiated from Task scheduler then I have found putting them into the shortcut is the simplest approach. Add the arguments to the end of the shortcut’s Target field.

3.12 Test ThisBatch.lnk now so that its behaviour can be relied upon when testing the whole job later on.

3.13 Copy ThisBatch.lnk into C:\Tools\ThisBatch. Give Admin permission when challenged.

4 Write an initiating vbs file - StartThisBatch.vbs

4.1 Write a vbs file that runs ThisBatch.lnk rather than ThisBatch.bat itself. Code:
    4.2 The trailing argument 7 runs ThisBatch.lnk minimised, overriding the shortcut’s own properties [see para 3.4 above]. If you wanted it to run hidden you would use 0 instead of 7 but nothing would then be shown on the Taskbar when it ran.

4.3 The last line Set WshShell = Nothing is merely a useful precaution to take if other vbs procedures are to be used later on in the same Windows session.

4.4 Test StartThisBatch.vbs now so that its behaviour can be relied upon when testing the whole job later on.

4.5 Copy StartBatch.vbs to C:\Tools\ThisBatch. Give Admin permission when challenged.

5 Set up a TS Task to run StartBatch.vbs

5.1 Create a Task in Task Scheduler.

5.2 Set up its Properties, Actions tab entry:-Action: Start a program
    Program/script: c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe
    Argument: "C:\Tools\ThisBatch\StartThisBatch.vbs"
    5.3 Set whatever other Properties are desired such as its schedule and, if appropriate, its General tab - Run with highest privileges checkbox.

6 Test the whole job

6.1 Right-click on the task in Task scheduler and select Run.

6.2 ThisBatch.bat’s chosen icon will appear minimised in the TaskBar while it runs. Clicking on it will open its window.

6.3 A backup of all files can now usefully be made. The TS task itself can be backed up by exporting it [it will be in xml format which can be edited in Notepad].

Denis

Acknowledgements: Ramesh Srinivasan [Winhelponline.com]

Annex Use a protected folder for batch files, vbs files & other script files

A1 Why bother

A1.1 I have put the discussions, explanations, ifs, buts & maybes in this section so that the procedure in A2 can be straightforward. You do not have to read this section. You can skip straight to A2.

A1.2 Malware tries to infiltrate computers. Windows’ protection measures include limiting access permissions for Windows folders & for the folders in which applications are installed such as C:\Program files.

A1.3 If a user or an application, for example, tries to copy anything into C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC or to change its existing content then an Admin prompt forces elevated permission to be granted [strictly speaking, I should use the terms Elevation UI, Consent UI, Credential UI or Secure Desktop mode instead of the commonly-used term Admin prompt]. Unlike granting access permission to folders within C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents, which has a permanent effect, this elevated permission only applies to the current task. If another task later requires access to anything within C:\Program Files then a new Admin prompt forces Admin permission to be sought once again.

A1.4 The requirement for Admin approval every time achieves a significant level of protection against malware, particularly if the user account control [UAC] setting is left in its default state or a higher level so that Admin prompts are generated for software installations & other overall system changes against the backdrop of the dimmed screen [This condition is when the Admin prompt is referred to as being in Secure Desktop mode]. Microsoft believe that, with UAC set this way, malware cannot get onto a system then run without a user’s express consent.

A1.5 However, malware can attempt to exploit resources that are common to both the Standard user’s environment & the environment of an operation for which Admin permission has been granted. For example, an executable that is held in a folder such as C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents\MyOwnBatchFiles is not given the system protection afforded to executables within C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86). Therefore, even if an Admin prompt is correctly generated and correctly identifies the executable concerned, that executable itself might have been hijacked by malware unless the executable is signed & that signature is checked.

A1.6 In other words, malware can attempt to infiltrate our own batch files, vbs files & other script files as a stepping stone to infiltrating the entire computer because we do not apply recognised signatures to these files.

A1.7 An effective solution is to extend the system protection afforded to executables within C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) to the folders within which batch files, vbs files & other script files are stored.

A1.8 This can be done very quickly and easily and it does not affect running the files. The user can create a protected folder and put all batch files, vbs files & other script files within it. This is what I do and I recommend that everybody does the same.

A2 Set up the protected folder

A2.1 In any user account, open File explorer then create folderC:\Tools.

A2.2 Right-click on this new folder, select Properties,Security, Advanced to open the Advanced security settings for Tools dialog.

A2.3 Click on the Disable inheritance button near the bottom of the dialog. In the confirmation dialog that appears, click on Convert inherited permissions into explicit permissions on this object.

A2.4 In the list of user accounts & user account groups, select Administrators [Administrators in the plural not Administrator in the singular] then click on Edit. Permissions for Administrators will probably need no adjustment so this is just a check. Set the checkbox for Full control [which will, in turn, set all the others except Special permissions]. Click on OK.

A2.5 In the list of user accounts & user account groups, select Authenticated users if it exists then click on Edit. Clear the checkboxes for Full control, Modify, Write. Set the checkbox for Read & execute [which will, in turn, set those for List folder contents, Read]. Click on OK.

A2.6 In the list of user accounts & user account groups, select Users then click on Edit. Permissions for Users will probably need no adjustment so this is just a check. Clear the checkboxes for Full control, Modify, Write. Set the checkbox for Read & execute [which will, in turn, set those for List folder contents, Read]. Click on OK.

A2.7 Back in the Advanced security settings for Tools dialog, click on the Apply button in the bottom right corner.

A2.8 At the top of the dialog, the owner is shown as the current user, click on Change then provide Admin permission if prompted. In the text entry box, enter the word Administrators [Administrators in the plural not Administrator in the singular; do not accidentally enter a space after the word because there is no such user group], click on Check names, OK.

A2.9 Set the checkbox for Replace owner on subcontainers and objects then click on OK. Then click on OK in the folder’s Properties dialog in order to return to File explorer.

A2.10 This is what the Advanced security settings for Tools dialog will look like when you have finished:-

Make Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon 5d4f7a68-66bd-47b2-b65e-673d72aa3643.png

A3 Test the new folder permissions

A3.1 Open C:\Tools then right-click over a blank area and hover over New. Only a new folder is permitted not a new file.

A3.2 Open C:\Tools then attempt to create a subfolder within it. You will be challenged for Admin permission and the subfolder will not be created until you give it.

A3.3 Try to copy an existing folder or file into C:\Tools or its subfolder. You will be challenged for Admin permission and the folder or file will not be pasted in until you give it.

A4 Use the protected folder

A4.1 Copy all your existing batch files, vbs files & other script files into subfolders of C:\Tools. Copying is better than moving because moving can create chaotic amalgamations of security permissions.

A4.2 Update shortcuts & Task scheduler entries to refer to the new locations.

A4.3 Consider creating a development folder ToolsDevn somewhere convenient so that you have a home for drafting new versions & for saving archived versions.

:)

2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Oct 24, 2019
  3. jgunning Win User
    Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Make Windows 10 Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon

Technical Level : Intermediate

Summary

I have a batch file that I run minimised & with the icon I have chosen.
    I am happy with the way it runs as I do not need to see the Command window every time and having my chosen icon on the TaskBar shows me at a glance what is running.

I also want to run this batch file from Task scheduler in the same way - minimised & with my chosen icon. Windows Task scheduler does not want to cooperate; it opens a command window and the TaskBar icon that appears
    is the default Cmd icon.

However, Windows Task scheduler can be persuaded to cooperate by creating intermediate files that initiate the desired batch file. The method shown can be used for any batch file, vbs file or other script file.

This Wiki article assumes sufficient general skills with batch files & Task scheduler so that it can focus on achieving a minimised window & a specific icon.

This Wiki article is for Windows 10 users. The methods for Windows 7 & Windows 10 differ. Windows 7 users should refer to the companion article -
    Make Windows 7 Task scheduler
    run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon.

Denis

Details

Security & file locations

1.1 All my batch files, vbs files & other script files are saved in subfolders of C:\Tools, a folder that has particular permissions set up to protect its contents against undesirable access such as malware infiltration.
    Setting up this protected folder can be done very quickly and easily and it does not affect running the files.

1.2 My C:\Tools folder forces Admin prompts for all changes [additions, amendments & deletions].
    I do not amend my batch files, vbs files & other script files very often so I do not mind the inconvenience of forcing Admin prompts on
    myself.

1.3 The procedure for setting up C:\Tools is in the Annex.

1.4 I have subfolders for each task or group of tasks so I don’t get confused about which file is part of which procedure; I have, for example, C:\Tools\Backup, C:\Tools\PhoneSync, C:\Tools\PVR.

1.5 I also have a corresponding group of subfolders within

C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents\ToolsDevn

where I do all the drafting & amendments. Copying updated versions to C:\Tools becomes, in effect, the act of publication.

Write the batch file that will do the required job - ThisBatch.bat

2.1 Write it in a convenient drafting folder such as

C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents\ToolsDevn\ThisBatch

2.2 Test ThisBatch.bat on its own now so that its function can be relied upon when testing the whole job.

2.3 Create the folder C:\Tools\ThisBatch and copy ThisBatch.bat into it.
    Give Admin permission when challenged.

Create a batch file shortcut - ThisBatch.lnk

3.1 In C:\Tools\ThisBatch, right-click on ThisBatch.bat and select
    Create shortcut. Accept the offer to create the shortcut on your desktop then move it into your drafting folder.

3.2 Tidy up the name so it appears as ThisBatch.
    It is actually called, in full, ThisBatch.lnk but the file extension is deliberately hidden by the system.

3.3 Right-click on ThisBatch.lnk & select Properties.

3.4 Click on the Run entry and select Minimised then click on the
    Apply button to save the change. This particular setting prepares the shortcut for independent use but is not used here - it is overridden by a parameter in section 4.

3.5 Click on the Change icon… button.
    You will see a warning that ThisBatch.bat contains no icons. Accept the warning & the
    Change icon dialog then appears.

3.6 A gallery of icons appears from which you can select one that is in some way indicative of the job that ThisBatch.bat will be doing.

3.7 Select from any of the available icons, click on OK then click on the
    Apply button to save the change.

3.8 If you cannot find an appropriate icon then you can open other icon files to look there.
    In the Change icon dialog’s Look for icons in this file: field, type in the path to other icon sources then press your keyboard’s
    Enter/Return key or click on the Browse button to reach them.
    Icon sources include

- %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll {this is the default shown when you first open the
    Change icon dialog}

- %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll

- %systemroot%\system32\moricons.dll

- C:\Windows\explorer.exe and other exe files in the Windows folder

- Application exe files in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)

- Individual .ico files that applications have created

- Individual .ico files that you have created

- Individual .ico files that you have downloaded

3.9 Always scan any downloaded icon with your antimalware application.
    Then right-click on the icon, select Properties and look near the bottom of the dialog for an entry
    Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.
    Now that you have scanned the icon with your antimalware application, you can click in the checkbox to
    Unblock it. Merely as an example, Developpers Iconset (105 icons)
    Sekkyumu
    contains several freeware icons for download.

3.10 It can be worth taking some time to select an icon because, in operation, the icon will appear in the TaskBar as your only indicator of what is running.

3.11 If your batch file requires arguments when initiated from Task scheduler then I have found putting them into the shortcut is the simplest approach.
    Add the arguments to the end of the shortcut’s Target field.

3.12 Test ThisBatch.lnk now so that its behaviour can be relied upon when testing the whole job.

3.13 Copy ThisBatch.lnk into C:\Tools\ThisBatch.

Write an initiating vbs file - StartThisBatch.vbs

4.1 Write a vbs file that runs ThisBatch.lnk rather than ThisBatch.bat itself.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Tools\ThisBatch\ThisBatch.lnk" & Chr(34), 7

Set WshShell = Nothing

4.2 The trailing argument 7 runs ThisBatch.lnk minimised, overriding the shortcut’s own properties [see para 3.4 above].

4.3 I cannot remember why I added the last line Set WshShell = Nothing [it was added quite some time ago].
    I think I found some advice that it was a useful precaution to take in case other vbs procedures were to be used later on in the same Windows session but I am not sure at all.

4.4 Test StartThisBatch.vbs now so that its behaviour can be relied upon when testing the whole job.

4.5 Copy StartBatch.vbs to C:\Tools\ThisBatch.

Set up a TS Task to run StartBatch.vbs

5.1 Create a Task in Task Scheduler.

5.2 Set up its Properties, Actions tab entry:-

Action: Start a program

Program/script: c:\windows\system32\wscript.exe

Argument: "C:\Tools\ThisBatch\StartThisBatch.vbs"

5.3 Set whatever other Properties are desired, such as its schedule.

Test the whole job

6.1 Right-click on the task in Task scheduler and select
    Run

6.2 ThisBatch.bat’s chosen icon will appear minimised in the TaskBar while it runs.
    Clicking on it will open its window.

6.3 A backup of all files can now usefully be made.
    The TS task itself can be backed up by exporting it [it will be in xml format and it can be edited in Notepad].

Acknowledgements: Ramesh Srinivasan

Annex Use a protected folder for batch files, vbs files & other script files

A1 Why bother

A1.1 I have put the discussions, explanations, ifs, buts & maybes in this section so that the procedure in A2 can be straightforward.
    You do not have to read this section. You can skip straight to A2.

A1.2 Malware tries to infiltrate computers.
    Windows’ protection measures include limiting access permissions for Windows folders & for the folders in which applications are installed such as C:\Program files.

A1.3 If a user or an application, for example, tries to copy anything into C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC or to change its existing content then an Admin prompt forces elevated permission to be granted [strictly speaking, I should use
    the terms Elevation UI, Consent UI, Credential UI or
    Secure Desktop mode
    instead of the commonly-used term Admin prompt].
    Unlike granting access permission to folders within C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents, which has a permanent effect, this elevated permission only applies to the current task.
    If another task later requires access to anything within C:\Program Files then a new Admin prompt forces Admin permission to be sought once again.

A1.4 The requirement for Admin approval every time achieves a significant level of protection against malware, particularly if the user account control [UAC] setting is left in its default state or a higher level so that Admin prompts
    are generated for software installations & other overall system changes against the backdrop of the dimmed screen [This condition is when the Admin prompt is referred to as being in Secure Desktop mode].
    Microsoft believe that, with UAC set this way, malware cannot get onto a system then run without a user’s express
    consent

A1.5 However, malware can attempt to exploit resources that are common to both the Standard
    user’s environment & the environment of an operation for which Admin permission has been granted
    For example, an executable that is held in a folder such as C:\Users\MickyMor\Documents\MyOwnBatchFiles is not given the system protection afforded to executables within C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86).
    Therefore, even if an Admin prompt is correctly generated and correctly identifies the executable concerned, that executable itself might have been hijacked by malware unless the executable is signed & that signature is checked.

A1.6 In other words, malware can attempt to infiltrate our own batch files, vbs files & other script files as a stepping stone to infiltrating the entire computer because we do not apply recognised signatures to these files.

A1.7 An effective solution is to extend the system protection afforded to executables within C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86) to the folders within which batch files, vbs files & other script files are stored.

A1.8 This can be done very quickly and easily and it does not affect running the files.
    The user can create a protected folder and put all batch files, vbs files & other script files within it.
    This is what I do and I recommend that everybody does the same.

A2 Set up the protected folder

A2.1 In any user account, open File explorer then create folder
    C:\Tools.

A2.2 Right-click on this new folder, select Properties,
    Security, Advanced to open the Advanced security settings for Tools
    dialog.

A2.3 Click on the Disable inheritance button near the bottom of the dialog.
    In the confirmation dialog that appears, click on Convert inherited permissions into explicit permissions on this object.

A2.4 In the list of user accounts & user account groups, select
    Administrators [Administrators in the plural not
    Administrator in the singular] then click on Edit.
    Permissions for Administrators will probably need no adjustment so this is just a check.
    Set the checkbox for Full control [which will, in turn, set all the others except
    Special permissions]. Click on OK.

A2.5 In the list of user accounts & user account groups, select
    Authenticated users if it exists then click on Edit.
    Clear the checkboxes for Full control, Modify, Write.
    Set the checkbox for Read & execute [which will, in turn, set those for
    List folder contents, Read]. Click on OK.

A2.6 In the list of user accounts & user account groups, select
    Users then click on Edit. Permissions for Users will probably need no adjustment so this is just a check.
    Clear the checkboxes for Full control, Modify, Write.
    Set the checkbox for Read & execute [which will, in turn, set those for
    List folder contents, Read]. Click on OK.

A2.7 Back in the Advanced security settings for Tools
    dialog, click on the Apply button in the bottom right corner.

A2.8 At the top of the dialog, the owner is shown as the current user, click on
    Change then provide Admin permission if prompted. In the text entry box, enter the word
    Administrators [Administrators in the plural not
    Administrator in the singular; do not accidentally enter a space after the word because there is no such user group], click on
    Check names, OK.

A2.9 Set the checkbox for Replace owner on subcontainers and objects then click on
    OK. Then click on OK in the folder’s Properties dialog in order to return to
    File explorer.

A2.10 This is what the Advanced security settings for Tools
    dialog will look like when you have finished:-

Make Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon 5d4f7a68-66bd-47b2-b65e-673d72aa3643.png

A3 Test the new folder permissions

A3.1 Open C:\Tools then right-click over a blank area and hover over
    New. Only a new folder is permitted not a new file.

A3.2 Open C:\Tools then attempt to create a subfolder within it.
    You will be challenged for Admin permission and the subfolder will not be created until you give it.

A3.3 Try to copy an existing folder or file into C:\Tools or its subfolder.
    You will be challenged for Admin permission and the folder or file will not be pasted in until you give it.

A4 Use the protected folder

A4.1 Copy all your existing batch files, vbs files & other script files into subfolders of C:\Tools.
    Copying is better than moving because moving can create chaotic amalgamations of security permissions.

A4.2 Update shortcuts & Task scheduler entries to refer to the new locations.

A4.3 Consider creating a development folder ToolsDevn somewhere convenient so that you have a home for drafting new versions & for saving archived versions.

Tryx3, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Make Task scheduler run a batch file minimised & with a specific icon - Similar Threads - Task scheduler run

2. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  3. Task Scheduler - Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - Batch File: I am attempting to use Task Scheduler to run a batch file automatically every day. I am following instructions that I found on the Web. As far as I can tell I have set up Task Scheduler correctly, the only problem being that it doesn't run! I have uploaded screenshots of the...
  4. What Could Be Disabling Batch Files Scheduled in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Could Be Disabling Batch Files Scheduled in Task Scheduler?: I'm using Win10 Pro 2004. I go to Win-R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library. I see a number of batch files that I have scheduled to run at various times. I see that today, like yesterday, their status is Disabled. Yesterday, when I saw that, I right-clicked > Enable. But...
  5. use Task Scheduler to start batch file, minimized?

in Windows 10 Support
    use Task Scheduler to start batch file, minimized?: I have already tried to find the solution using google, but literally none of them worked! At one point I edited the file/folder names, and changed the locations to those in the "solutions" but even that didn't work! You are my last hope! is there any way, any at all, you...
  6. Run task scheduler on adding any file to specific folder.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run task scheduler on adding any file to specific folder.: Is there any way to run a specific script. If anyone copies anything to specific folder even through custom events. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-task-scheduler-on-adding-any-file-to-specific/44976e09-54ab-4652-a351-696981cf926e
  7. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script: I know that there have been many different solutions to this problem posted on the internet and various forums, but I have scoured Google for a solution to my problem to no avail. My problem appears to be unique (something that at this rate I do not want). Now, onto my...
  8. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...
  9. Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems automating a batch file with task scheduler: I want run this bat file from task scheduler @Rem %pf% expands to the right program location depending if it is x86 or x64 system @setlocal @set pf=%ProgramFiles% @if not "[%ProgramFiles(x86)%]"=="[]" set pf=%ProgramFiles(x86)% @Rem %macropath% expands to the demo...
  10. Start Batch File Minimized via Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Batch File Minimized via Task Scheduler: I have a batch file scheduled to run in Task Scheduler in Windows 10. The batch file runs on schedule, but it opens a full CMD window. I have tried entering variations on start /min in the Task Scheduler properties, but these seem to have no effect. The particular batch...