Windows 10: Make taskbar small

Discus and support Make taskbar small in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since installing KB5023706 my taskbar has gone big. I have checked the reg, and the TaskbarSi is set to 0, but taskbar stays big. Only way to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by john3650, Mar 21, 2023.

1. john3650 Win User

Make taskbar small

Since installing KB5023706 my taskbar has gone big. I have checked the reg, and the TaskbarSi is set to 0, but taskbar stays big. Only way to make it small is to uninstall update.Any help appreciated.

:)

john3650, Mar 21, 2023

2. Taskbar bottom is very small

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Follow the below method.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• On taskbar tab, uncheck the box Use small taskbar button
      and click on Apply.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Make taskbar small e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Make taskbar small

W10 taskbar icons too small

I would agree that the Windows 10 taskbar buttons/icons are too small, much smaller than Win 7 or 8. The response below suggests going into the taskbar Properties and unchecking 'use small taskbar buttons', but I have had this unchecked the whole time,
    and the taskbar buttons are still too small, annoyingly so.

RobbiePeele, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Make taskbar small

1. Make taskbar small - Similar Threads - taskbar small

2. why windows 11 cannot use small taskbar without scalling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why windows 11 cannot use small taskbar without scalling?: I used small taskbar in windows 10 but after I upgrade to windows 11 taskbar is big and get a lot of space in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-11-cannot-use-small-taskbar-without/f893b878-7a91-46c9-b9dd-521318cc0713
  3. why windows 11 cannot use small taskbar without scalling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why windows 11 cannot use small taskbar without scalling?: I used small taskbar in windows 10 but after I upgrade to windows 11 taskbar is big and get a lot of space in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-11-cannot-use-small-taskbar-without/f893b878-7a91-46c9-b9dd-521318cc0713
  4. When I try to turn my volume up using F3 it doesn't work it gives me a small taskbar. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to turn my volume up using F3 it doesn't work it gives me a small taskbar. How...: When I try to turn my volume up using F3 it doesn't work it gives me a small taskbar. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-turn-my-volume-up-using-f3-it-doesnt/3034bd2a-d98b-4b6b-bf7f-208ff14bd748
  5. When I try to turn my volume up using F3 it doesn't work it gives me a small taskbar. How...

When I try to turn my volume up using F3 it doesn't work it gives me a small taskbar. How...: When I try to turn my volume up using F3 it doesn't work it gives me a small taskbar. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-turn-my-volume-up-using-f3-it-doesnt/3034bd2a-d98b-4b6b-bf7f-208ff14bd748
  6. Taskbar too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar too small: My task bar is very small, barely visible. It has been like this for months. How do I make it bigger? I already turned Small Icons on task bar off, if it was on, it would be even smaller....
  7. Taskbar too small

Taskbar too small: My task bar is very small, barely visible. It has been like this for months. How do I make it bigger? I already turned Small Icons on task bar off, if it was on, it would be even smaller....
  8. Taskbar too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Small taskbar option not available and auto hide feature not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small taskbar option not available and auto hide feature not working: Please Microsoft, why removing small task bar option from Windows 11?And auto-hide taskbar is not working all the time, sometimes it just stop to auto hide. I don't know why, but it seems that some apps bug the auto hide feature, why? It need to be modular component that...
  10. Small taskbar option not available and auto hide feature not working

Small taskbar option not available and auto hide feature not working: Please Microsoft, why removing small task bar option from Windows 11?And auto-hide taskbar is not working all the time, sometimes it just stop to auto hide. I don't know why, but it seems that some apps bug the auto hide feature, why? It need to be modular component that...