Windows 10: Make Text Bigger Doesn't Work Along With Display Scaling Options?

Discus and support Make Text Bigger Doesn't Work Along With Display Scaling Options? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Prof Version 1809 Build 17763.615. Windows Update states it is up to date. I was using scaling of 175% for a long time and it enabled me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mlg, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MLG
    mlg Win User

Make Text Bigger Doesn't Work Along With Display Scaling Options?

Windows 10 Prof Version 1809 Build 17763.615. Windows Update states it is up to date.

I was using scaling of 175% for a long time and it enabled me to see most of what I wanted to see. However, there are times when programs have trouble with this. Photoshop really didn't like it.

I just changed my system font to Segoe UI Bold which helps. Did this by following F14 Tomcat's post following Brink's tutorial. I then discovered Windows now has a setting in Ease of Access to Make Text Bigger. Hoping to be able to reduce my overall scaling percentage, I started experimenting. I tried 125% scaling and 165% size text. I also tried 100% scaling (none) and 200% enlarge text etc. But most programs have not responded to the setting or have laid out terribly. For example, several Chrome Browser themes enlarged to about 25% vertical screen real estate. It appears they did this to leave room for the larger font although it wasn't used. Outlook 2010 just got small and unreadable, not responding at all to the the increased text size and only responding to the decreased scaling. Windows itself showed a larger text sample in settings but did not actually use it on the desktop or anywhere I saw. I did apply and restart between each of these trial settings but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I don't know why this is happening or what the relationship between text size and scaling is supposed to be. From my efforts so far, scaling over-rides any text size adjustment made under Ease of Access. Is there a way around this - or have I made some mistake ?

:)

2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Make Text Bigger Doesn't Work Along With Display Scaling Options? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 27, 2019
  4. verysame Win User

Chrome (& chromium) browser scale is bigger than the rest in Windows10

Another workaround that seems to fix the overall Chrome window better is this:
    (source: Fixing common Google Chrome Scaling Problems on Windows 10)

In my case, this is what I did:

Make Text Bigger Doesn't Work Along With Display Scaling Options? [​IMG]

Now the overall UI looks consistent with the rest of Windows general scale, except for the tabs which now show a tiny text.
    Again, not perfect, but very close.
    Hope this can help others in the same situation.

verysame, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Make Text Bigger Doesn't Work Along With Display Scaling Options? - Similar Threads - Text Bigger Doesn't

2. How can I make the clock text bigger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make the clock text bigger?: My Windows updated yesterday and now the font for the clock on the taskbar is needlessly small. How do I make it larger and bolder so it is easier to read? There is a ton of room on the taskbar to make the clock bigger....
  3. Make text bigger than 225%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make text bigger than 225%: I want to make ONLY TEXT bigger, and the slider for that is maxed out at 225% but i personally need something closer to 300%-315%. I'm using a small screen and seated a few feet away so the text is unreaable, i can not physically get any closer to the screen. I can't use the...
  4. Make text bigger than 225%

Make text bigger than 225%: I want to make ONLY TEXT bigger, and the slider for that is maxed out at 225% but i personally need something closer to 300%-315%. I'm using a small screen and seated a few feet away so the text is unreaable, i can not physically get any closer to the screen. I can't use the...
  5. Make text bigger than 225%

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work: In windows 10, I can easily set Custom Scaling for the Display. But in Windows 11, I specified a scale of 105% to 125% but the scale is always 175%.How to make this work correctly....
  7. How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work

How to make System->Display->Custom Scaling work: In windows 10, I can easily set Custom Scaling for the Display. But in Windows 11, I specified a scale of 105% to 125% but the scale is always 175%.How to make this work correctly....
  8. "Make text bigger" did not make the text of the names of files on my desktop bigger. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Make text bigger" did not make the text of the names of files on my desktop bigger. I...: [ATTACH] I use a surface book 2 connected to a TV Question in OP Also, I'm trying to make my firefox / chrome/browsers bookmark text larger. What might you try for that? I know the windows 10 settings does affect this but for some reason "Make text bigger" doesn't...
  9. Bigger text

Bigger text: I'm running windows 10 and need to make the text bigger but when I go to settings I dont see Ease of Access, so how do I make them biger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bigger-text/032c5c7d-b16e-4cb5-bfb0-ef3e7725fa5f
  10. "Make text bigger" feature missing

"Make text bigger" feature missing: This is how my settings panel looks: [ATTACH]This feature is missing in my settings: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-text-bigger-feature-missing/b4582782-243c-46ec-9284-10bec05d7d6f