Windows 10: Make this PC discoverable - Windows 10

Discus and support Make this PC discoverable - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Morning. I have a Chromecast device, I can't cast anything, I visited Google support and it says that I have to enable the option "Make other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aidan M., Aug 11, 2020.

1. Aidan M. Win User

Make this PC discoverable - Windows 10

Good Morning. I have a Chromecast device, I can't cast anything, I visited Google support and it says that I have to enable the option "Make other devices discover this PC" and try doing what they told me, nothing, the option did not appear. Could you help me make it appear?Note: I don't have any antivirus installed, except Windows Defender All security options activated.

:)

Aidan M., Aug 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 11, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Make this PC discoverable - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - discoverable

2. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  3. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  4. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet PCs Stop Being Discoverable Unless I Do A Network Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet PCs Stop Being Discoverable Unless I Do A Network Reset: That's it basically,My two PCs both running Windows 10 Home edition can see each other on the private home network until I have to reboot them. Then the only way I can make them discoverable to each other on the network is to do a network reset, on each which is a bind.None...
  6. Ethernet PCs Stop Being Discoverable Unless I Do A Network Reset

Ethernet PCs Stop Being Discoverable Unless I Do A Network Reset: That's it basically,My two PCs both running Windows 10 Home edition can see each other on the private home network until I have to reboot them. Then the only way I can make them discoverable to each other on the network is to do a network reset, on each which is a bind.None...
  7. Ethernet PCs Stop Being Discoverable Unless I Do A Network Reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My JBL Bluetooth headset is no longer discoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My JBL Bluetooth headset is no longer discoverable: My JBL Bluetooth headset is no longer discoverable. It worked perfectly yesterday. How do I connect to the device or update it's specific bluetooth driver if I cannot discover it? Initially I could not connect to it when it was listed and the device was turned on, so I choose...
  9. My JBL Bluetooth headset is no longer discoverable

My JBL Bluetooth headset is no longer discoverable: My JBL Bluetooth headset is no longer discoverable. It worked perfectly yesterday. How do I connect to the device or update it's specific bluetooth driver if I cannot discover it? Initially I could not connect to it when it was listed and the device was turned on, so I choose...
  10. How do I make my Samsung Smart TV "Discoverable" on my Windows 11 PC laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my Samsung Smart TV "Discoverable" on my Windows 11 PC laptop?: My Samsung 4K Smart TV is NOT discoverable on my Windows 11 PC laptop in order to mirror my laptop onto my Samsung TV. They are both on the same network. I updated everything and checked the network settings. Nothing works. Only the ROKU sticks on separate TVs show up on the...