Windows 10: Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

Discus and support Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShawnDemry, May 19, 2022.

1. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a way to make the installed/configured version of Ubuntu available to all users on the computer? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS was installed using a DISM powershell command

:)

ShawnDemry, May 19, 2022
  2. J377 Win User

How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed?

Just do a restart, and Both Ubuntu and Windows Boot Manager should be listed on your GRUB Boot Menu, as long as the Menu TimeOut isn't set to 0.

I, personally, like to use Grub Customizer. It allows you to set the GRUB Boot Menu options in a GUI, to include options like the Menu TimeOut and default Boot Device/Partition.

Grub Customizer info:
    http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/04/install-grub-customizer-ubuntu-16-04-lts/

3. Brink Win User
    Ubuntu 16.04 LTS moves to paid Extended Support Maintenance

Read more: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS transitions to Extended Security Maintenance (ESM) | Ubuntu

Brink, May 19, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

Canonical releases Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

Read more: Ubuntu Fridge | Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS Released

Brink, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

1. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows - Similar Threads - Ubuntu LTS available

2. WSL Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS back to 20.04

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS back to 20.04: HiMy current Ubuntu version in WSL2 is 22.04.1 is it possible to come back to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ? .because WSLU is missing in 22.04 and maybe it is the cause of my problem described in this post :question on learn microsoft site about desktop shortcut....
  3. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows: I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a way to make the installed/configured version of Ubuntu available to all users on the computer? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS was installed...
  4. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows: I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a way to make the installed/configured version of Ubuntu available to all users on the computer? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS was installed...
  5. Error 0x80070490 installing ubuntu 20.04 LTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80070490 installing ubuntu 20.04 LTS: I'm trying to install ubuntu 20.04 LTS to use WSL2 but I get this error:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070490 Error: 0x80070490 Element not found.I tried some of the answers I've found online but none of them worked. I'm trying to install Docker and Laravel...
  6. How to make files and applications available to all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make files and applications available to all users: I just transferred all my applications and files to a new laptop running Win 10 Home. I created two user accounts Administrator and Standard User. When I log in as the Admin I can access all my applications and files. When I login as a Standard User I can only see some of my...
  7. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on a subsystem and file server

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on a subsystem and file server: Hi there! I would like to make a file server running from an ubuntu subsystem, that can be reached from outside of the network from internet also, and hive different shares to different accounts coming in to look for the shared folders. The problem is I have no idea what...
  8. make files available to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make files available to all users: I am administrator. I created new standard user account for myself. How do I make files, pictures, documents in my administrator account accessible to my new user account?...
  9. how to make an app available on all users windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make an app available on all users windows 10: If I install an app on my account how can I make it available to all accounts on the same PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-app-available-on-all-users-windows/130c6a24-4f1b-4836-8014-5cdba13eff2d
  10. Make Chrome Bookmark Available to ALL Users in Windows 10

Make Chrome Bookmark Available to ALL Users in Windows 10: Good afternoon all, I'm setting up a MS Surface Pro 4 tablet for use for several users who will be using the same web app within Chrome. I know in the past, there was a way to put it on all profiles via C:\Users\Public\AppData\Chrome (I think) so when they log in and bring...