Windows 10: Make view of a USB permanent

Discus and support Make view of a USB permanent in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I routinely view the contents of one particular USB stick, and am interested ONLY in the name and size of the files. I can select those two column... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephPHILIPPA, May 15, 2020.

1. Make view of a USB permanent

I routinely view the contents of one particular USB stick, and am interested ONLY in the name and size of the files. I can select those two column headings to be the only ones to show, but once I have SAFELY removed the stick and then re-insert it and look again, that desirable view has been replaced by a default arrangement that does NOT suit me. Is there a way to make my selection permanent ?

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, May 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 15, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB Ports Not Working

Hi Jemjames,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 15, 2020
  4. Make view of a USB permanent

Unable to save bookmarks and establish a permanent profile

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. I will check what best I can do to help you out and ensure you receive assistance as soon as possible.

• What are you referring to when you say “I am unable to establish my permanent profile”?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to check if you can find the favorites in on the favorite folder on the computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Key in %userprofile% and press Enter

• Make sure you have a Favorites folder listed in the %userprofile% folder.
    You may refer: Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Make view of a USB permanent

1. Make view of a USB permanent - Similar Threads - view USB permanent

2. Are usb activation keys permanent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are usb activation keys permanent?: Hello,I bought an usb activation key for Windows 10.When I activate it on a computer,it will be permamently active or it will work for a limited period of time?...
  3. Are usb activation keys permanent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are usb activation keys permanent?: Hello,I bought an usb activation key for Windows 10.When I activate it on a computer,it will be permamently active or it will work for a limited period of time?...
  4. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  5. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  6. Make Caps Lock Permanent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Caps Lock Permanent: Hey all! Quick question for you all - does anyone know of a way to make Caps Lock permanent through the registry? I've found plenty of reg fixes to disable the caps lock button, but I'm wanting a way to make it so that caps lock will always stay on. We have a specific piece...
  7. Is there a Permanent way to make All Folder view Dark mod?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a Permanent way to make All Folder view Dark mod?: Is there a Perment way to make All Folder view Dark mod? 146686
  8. view usb device

in Windows 10 Customization
    view usb device: view contents on usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-usb-device/64519943-a009-4936-bf0a-5d9e589560d2
  9. Making speaker balance permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making speaker balance permanent: Hopefully this one is simple... Windows 10 Pro. I have a hearing problem and need to run the left speaker louder than the right so things sound balanced. I found the speaker settings and balance in the properties and adjusted things to my liking. But it appears that when...
  10. How do I make View permanent in all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make View permanent in all folders: I keep changing to List View in Folder Options but it doesn't stay that way, nor does it set all the folders on that drive. I would prefer that all folders on my PC open in List View & I can choose Large Icons if & when I want to & have it go back to List View when I exit...