Windows 10: Make Win 10 ask me before deleting Malware

Discus and support Make Win 10 ask me before deleting Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm playing around with Pen-Testing tools. In some cases, Windows 10 automatically removes the tools that I'm using since the AV detects... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MennyB, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MennyB Win User

Make Win 10 ask me before deleting Malware

Hi All,

I'm playing around with Pen-Testing tools.

In some cases, Windows 10 automatically removes the tools that I'm using since the AV detects them as malware.

Is there a way to make the Microsoft antivirus ask me "what should I do?" for every detection instead of automatically deleting it?

I really don't want to disable the "realtime protection" for the obvious reasons.

Thanks!

:)

MennyB, Nov 4, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Nov 4, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Make Win 10 ask me before deleting Malware - Similar Threads - ask before deleting

2. The screenshot you asked me to make

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screenshot you asked me to make: This is the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screenshot-you-asked-me-to-make/8a91910c-fb89-4fbd-b873-e05400ca21ef
  3. The screenshot you asked me to make

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The screenshot you asked me to make: This is the screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screenshot-you-asked-me-to-make/8a91910c-fb89-4fbd-b873-e05400ca21ef
  4. The screenshot you asked me to make

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11: Hi,I had a need to increase my Windows 10 secondary partition OS to a bigger disk size but the Windows 11 primary partition OS would not permit me to resize. Next I created a backup recovery image from inside Windows 10. I went into Windows 11 and formatted Windows 10 while...
  6. Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11: Hi,I had a need to increase my Windows 10 secondary partition OS to a bigger disk size but the Windows 11 primary partition OS would not permit me to resize. Next I created a backup recovery image from inside Windows 10. I went into Windows 11 and formatted Windows 10 while...
  7. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop windows asking for me to make a pin: Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need my password, I can use my password. The process from removing the pin is simple enough, as is disabling the windows hello. Is...
  8. win 10 keeps asking me to sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 keeps asking me to sign in: My windows 10 is causing me problems when I switch on after the MB is loaded it asks me to sign in every time, sometimes it just sets its self up as a temp account.... when I shut down I loose all setting and have to reset everything from font to screen size Rob...
  9. Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files?: hi can Windows 10 built-in Anti virus be configured to notify and ask permission before taking any action? Today I see it deleting files as I'm trying to work with them and it's intolerable. If not I plan to perm disable and use a different solution, can anyone suggest an AV...
  10. Make a drive ask for password before installing an application?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make a drive ask for password before installing an application?: So, a little context: We have five public gaming computers wich is free to use. The computers are running a 120 GB SSD (C:) with windows 10 and a 2 TB HDD (D:) wich is primaly used for installing games. They are set up with noe administrator user and a guest user wich is...