Windows 10: Make Win10 treat laptop LCD screen as external monitor, possible?

Discus and support Make Win10 treat laptop LCD screen as external monitor, possible? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this new issue with the latest nvidia driver update where all options from nvidia control panel were removed, except for 3D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seifounage, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Make Win10 treat laptop LCD screen as external monitor, possible?

Hello, I've been having this new issue with the latest nvidia driver update where all options from nvidia control panel were removed, except for 3D settings. Using DDU and rolling back to old versions did not fix it at all.
    Those settings are restored once I plug an external monitor, but I don't have my external monitor anymore, so I need a workaround. Do you think it's possible to make windows recognize my laptop monitor as an external one? Thanks in advance.
    (this is a thread detailing my issue https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ssing-options/)

:)

Seifounage, Jan 5, 2019

2. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Make Win10 treat laptop LCD screen as external monitor, possible?

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Make Win10 treat laptop LCD screen as external monitor, possible?

1. Make Win10 treat laptop LCD screen as external monitor, possible? - Similar Threads - Win10 treat laptop

2. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  3. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  4. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible to automatically switch the primary screen to external monitors when the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to automatically switch the primary screen to external monitors when the...: I have a dual monitor set up. My main monitor is connected to my game consoles. When I switch sources, is it possible to automatically switch display settings and make my second monitor the primary monitor? Or simply make the second monitor the only monitor for that time?...
  6. How to make laptop screen main display when external connected monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to make laptop screen main display when external connected monitor: Hi I have windows 10 OS. I am using Accer E5-573G,which have i3-5005U processor and Nvidia 920M GPU. Thing is that I am using external monitor as my main display and laptop as extended.I don't have UPS While working when power outrage happen my external monitor goes off...
  7. Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?)

Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?): this is a rather odd and petty mod id like to do, on a special screen i have on my case (a sonwblind s case) id like the no signal or default background to be white instead of black, reason is because this is a very special translucent that the color black displays as SOLID...
  8. Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to modify a LCD screens default(no input screen color?): this is a rather odd and petty mod id like to do, on a special screen i have on my case (a sonwblind s case) id like the no signal or default background to be white instead of black, reason is because this is a very special translucent that the color black displays as SOLID...
  9. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...
  10. Making Laptop Boot To External Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Making Laptop Boot To External Monitor: Hi, I'm trying to just run my laptop as a desktop, as the screen hinges are faulty. Its a Lenovo Y410P. I know how to switch the display to the external monitor in the control panel settings. But I want to make it so that I can put the laptop to sleep or restart the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cal monitor win10