Windows 10: Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder

Discus and support Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Registry Hive is a part of the Windows Registry which stores all necessary configuration of Windows OS. Its a sensitive part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 1, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder

WinClub, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Sean8 Win User

Automatic backup

I'm trying to setup automatic backup. In windows 7 I have it setup but it doesn't backup everything in that folder it backs up only stuff that was edited which causes confusion. Is there any easier way to automatically backup everything in a single folder to my external hd

Sean8, Jul 1, 2019
  3. C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty - batch file to export registry in Windows 10

I was doing some research on this and it seems that Windows 10 since at least 1803 no longer makes backup copies of the Registry hives and places them in C:\windows\system32\config\regback. I also notice that the REG.exe command is available in the windows
    recovery environment(winre). So my question is this. Since Windows 1809 no longer creates this backup I would like to be able to create a simple batch command file that I can run within the winre and make a complete copy/backup of the total registry, so I
    would then have a backup to restore from if need be. If you can provide me with the reg save/restore commands, or reg import/export commands to accomplish this goal. Also WHY doesn't windows 10 1803/1809 not perform this backup anymore anyway? bad move
    Microsoft! System restore is not an option to do full registry backups as System restore has proven, at least to me to be faulty and flaky, but then that's just my 20+ years of windows experience. There used to be a REGBACK.exe in the old Windows NT Resource
    Kit that worked great but it's not available anymore either. Using REG Export while windows is up does not create a complete total registry backup. Well, any help or assistance with this matter will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Update: Can you do something like this in winre:

REG SAVE HKLM\COMPONENTS D:\RegBack\COMPONENTS

REG SAVE HKLM\SAM D:\Regback\SAM

REG SAVE HKLM\SECURITY D:\Regback\SECURITY

REG SAVE HKLM\SOFTWARE D:\Regback\SOFTWARE

REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM D:\Regback\SYSTEM

REG SAVE HKCU D:\Regback\NTUSER.DAT

REG RESTORE HKLM\COMPONENTS D:\RegBack\COMPONENTS

REG RESTORE HKLM\SAM D:\Regback\SAM

REG RESTORE HKLM\SECURITY D:\Regback\SECURITY

REG RESTORE HKLM\SOFTWARE D:\Regback\SOFTWARE

REG RESTORE HKLM\SYSTEM D:\Regback\SYSTEM

REG RESTORE HKCU D:\Regback\NTUSER.DAT

The above points to D: and not C; as in winre X: is the winre drive and D: is my actual C: drive

I would first enter D: at the x:. prompt to change directories

that would put me at D:\Windows\System32 the cd to D:\windows\system32\config

type: Dir and that should show me all the Registry Hives?

I forget where the NTUSER.DAT file is specifically?

***Title modified from: Why is my C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty? WINRE backup/restore of Registry?***

shockwaveriderz, Jul 1, 2019
  4. RIADGMAE Win User

C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty - batch file to export registry in Windows 10

RIADGMAE, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder - Similar Threads - automatically backup Registry

2. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  3. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Folder Backup: DO NOT ENABLE FOLDERS BACKUP TO ONEDRIVE AUTOMATICALLY WHEN INSTALLING WINDOWS 10DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR USER WITHOUT THEIR APPROVALDO NOT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-folder-backup/9d674523-3673-488f-b9e0-8b9b98aa5e67
  4. Automatic Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Automatic File/Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Automatic File/Folder Backup: I've been running Windows 10 automatic file/folder backup for quite some time, and it was working fine before the latest massive Windows 10 update. My files/folders are directed to be saved every 20 minutes to an external drive connected via a USB port. Now, I could be wrong,...
  6. How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup: How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup I want to re enable my registry backup in windows 10. Microsoft sayed they disabled the automatically registry backup for windows 10. My computer always crashes. if my registry will corrupt i can restore the registry...
  7. How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Microsoft used to perform backups of the registry automatically, but the feature has been quietly disabled in Windows 10. If you want to regularly backup registry to RegBack folder, you’ll have to manually enable Registry backup feature in Windows 10. Windows 10 version...
  8. Microsoft makes changes to automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes changes to automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Windows Registry holds tweaks for almost everything. You can use it to customize your Windows experience and unlock hidden features like Windows 10 Immersive search. While Registry is a handy tool, mistakes when editing it can cause a lot of issues, including booting and...
  9. Why is my C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty? WINRE backup/restore of Registry?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty? WINRE backup/restore of Registry?: I was doing some research on this and it seems that Windows 10 since at least 1803 no longer makes backup copies of the Registry hives and places them in C:\windows\system32\config\regback. I also notice that the REG.exe command is available in the windows recovery...
  10. Why is my C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty? WINRE backup/restore of Registry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my C:\windows\system32\config\regback empty? WINRE backup/restore of Registry?: I was doing some research on this and it seems that Windows 10 since at least 1803 no longer makes backup copies of the Registry hives and places them in C:\windows\system32\config\regback. I also notice that the REG.exe command is available in the windows recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regback empty

2. reg save hklm\system systembkup.hiv what is the use of

3. how does OS determine when to update the registry hives in regback folder

4. regback,
  5. regback ntuser