Windows 10: Make windows 10 bigger/smaller with click of a button for monitor viewing at a distance?

Discus and support Make windows 10 bigger/smaller with click of a button for monitor viewing at a distance? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a setting in windows 10, that can be tied to a macro or shortcut, that can make everything (desktop, icons, windows, text, etc.) bigger and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jacksmith-futurama, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Make windows 10 bigger/smaller with click of a button for monitor viewing at a distance?

Is there a setting in windows 10, that can be tied to a macro or shortcut, that can make everything (desktop, icons, windows, text, etc.) bigger and can be toggled back to original settings with a click of a button/shortcut?

I just bought a really cool one handed pc remote that works pretty well for windows, but the distance from my bed to my computer monitor makes it pretty tough to see what I'm clicking on.

If not, is there some kind of third party software that can do this or something similar?

submitted by /u/jacksmith-futurama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jacksmith-futurama, Mar 25, 2021

2. Viewing distance to a large monitor (over 20")?

I know I'm not answering your question, but maybe this can help.

What you want to know is the viewing angle that you're comfortable with (as garyinhere said it's all about your preference) in order to calculate your preferred distance to the monitor. You can use this website to get the viewing angle (use your current setup as reference):
    Viewing Distance Calculator

I didn't bother to do the math but you need f(viewing angle)=distance which you can get out of this quick snapshot of the Java code on that page (this assumes a 16:9 monitor):
    Code: //diag=diagonal size of monitor in inches //distance=distance to monitor in feet screenwidth=Math.sqrt((diag*diag) / 1.31640); screenwidthfeet= screenwidth/12; currentangle = 360 * (Math.atan(0.5 * screenwidthfeet / distance) / Math.PI);[/quote] For reference, I like my monitor viewing angle to be around 47.1 degrees (24" @ 2 feet). As for my Home Theater I'm much more comfortable with 25.6 degrees (50" @ 8 feet). I should mention that I didn't check any of the math...

EDIT1:
    Solved for-
    f(viewing angle) = distance
    (0.5 * ( ( SQRT( Wd^2 / 1.3164 ) / 12 ) ) / TAN( ( A / 360 ) * Pi ) ) = distance
    Where-
    Wd = diagonal width of screen (inches)
    A = viewing angle (degrees)
    distance = distance of viewer to screen (feet)

I made an xls spreadsheet to automate this. Check out the attachment if you're interested.

streetfighter 2, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Damocles Win User

Make windows 10 bigger/smaller with click of a button for monitor viewing at a distance?

Ideal Viewing Distance

What do you think guys is the ideal or optimal viewing distance for watching movies? My monitor is 23’’ ASUS MX239. Resolution is 1920x1080.

Is 1,5m too far?

Damocles, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Make windows 10 bigger/smaller with click of a button for monitor viewing at a distance?

1. Make windows 10 bigger/smaller with click of a button for monitor viewing at a distance? - Similar Threads - bigger smaller click

2. How to make it smaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make it smaller?: When I click on my windows icon it shows all the apps too much big and it's kinda annyoing to me.How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-it-smaller/1d73f6cd-ea17-47dd-a548-7370c0ce3c4c
  3. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  4. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  5. How to make Windows "smaller"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows "smaller"?: You probably don't know what I mean, so this is what I mean: [ATTACH] How would I turn that, into this: [ATTACH] If you compare the first and the second image, it's just "smaller". I want to know how to do this to my own desktop....
  6. windows screen keeps getting bigger and smaller by itself

windows screen keeps getting bigger and smaller by itself: hi, my windows 10 the size of the screen keeps getting bigger or smaller by itself as i am using the keyboard or moving the up and down keys or using the cursor, so i keep having to click on the magnifying sign to reset it, i have tried updating windows 10 no change,...
  7. make window smaller

make window smaller: How can I adjust the size of the window I am working on so I can still see a little of the background? I would usually go to the little square on the top right hand corner. But this is a new computer, windows 10, and it is not working....
  8. How do I make my back button bigger?

How do I make my back button bigger?: When I open a folder the back button is super super small. How can I make it as big as internet explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-back-button-bigger/c68c9e6b-f907-4ee3-9894-c193935ab986
  9. Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger.

Please allow users to make the "SHOW DESKTOP" button bigger.: this is TOTALLY ridiculous. the show desktop button is TINY. i've used it since windows 98 and prefer to have it centered on my taskbar somewhere. your alternative of pressing the 'windows' key + w or whatever it was, is stupid too. i play games. the win key is in a horrible...
  10. Make the desktop peak button by notifications a little bigger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make the desktop peak button by notifications a little bigger?: Hi all! If there a way to make the button to peak at the desktop (to the right of the notification area) bigger? It seems like it's about 1/2 the size (or less?) than it was in Windows 7. Is there a way to make that bigger again? I've currently got a "Show Desktop" button...