Windows 10: Make Windows 10 more secure

Discus and support Make Windows 10 more secure in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, since I saw a video how easy it is to bypass the normal Windows login-screen, I was wondering how I could protect myself against it. Against... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/overdose-of-salt, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Make Windows 10 more secure

Hello,

since I saw a video how easy it is to bypass the normal Windows login-screen, I was wondering how I could protect myself against it.

Against live-boot from other media:
    I have enabled bitlocker encryption, so booting from a live-stick (e.g. Linux) should not give someone access to my files.

Against bypassing windows-login:
    Without giving details, you can access the cmd.exe on the login-screen if you know how its done and reset the users password. Is there a way to prevent that?

Hope someone can help me with that. Thanks!

submitted by /u/overdose-of-salt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/overdose-of-salt, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 4, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

Make Windows 10 more secure

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Make Windows 10 more secure

1. Make Windows 10 more secure - Similar Threads - more secure

2. why did my more secure "Xfinity" option to connect disappear? I'm forced to use their open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my more secure "Xfinity" option to connect disappear? I'm forced to use their open...: Why did my more secure "Xfinity" option to connect disappear? I'm forced to use their open hotspot! I would like to try updating the driver for my network adapter first, can anyone possibly send me the current driver for the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter? Right now...
  3. why did my more secure "Xfinity" option to connect disappear? I'm forced to use their open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my more secure "Xfinity" option to connect disappear? I'm forced to use their open...: Why did my more secure "Xfinity" option to connect disappear? I'm forced to use their open hotspot! I would like to try updating the driver for my network adapter first, can anyone possibly send me the current driver for the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter? Right now...
  4. How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?

How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?: Quick Assist is a great tool for helping people setup new computers and get them on VPN and I use it a lot for some of our users.More so now that everyone is working remote.Once they are on VPN, we can use our own company remote tools to take over Quick Assist.Unfortunately...
  5. How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?: Quick Assist is a great tool for helping people setup new computers and get them on VPN and I use it a lot for some of our users.More so now that everyone is working remote.Once they are on VPN, we can use our own company remote tools to take over Quick Assist.Unfortunately...
  6. How can a company make Quick Assist more secure?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?: I had been using the Microsoft account to log into my PC until I noticed my email address was found in the dark Web and my airbnb account was hacked. I then changed my Microsoft account and email passwords and switched using the local account. But I'm confused. Even though I...
  8. Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?

Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?: I had been using the Microsoft account to log into my PC until I noticed my email address was found in the dark Web and my airbnb account was hacked. I then changed my Microsoft account and email passwords and switched using the local account. But I'm confused. Even though I...
  9. Your organization needs more information to keep your account secure [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Your organization needs more information to keep your account secure [Fix]: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix Your organization needs more information to keep your account secure. The error occurs while logging into Office 365 web portal. Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix the error. Fix Your organization needs more...
  10. In Windows security, device security, it says two or more core isolation features are...

In Windows security, device security, it says two or more core isolation features are...: In Windows security> device security - it says two or more isolation features are disabled. Memory integrity is off. Resolve any driver incompatibilities and scan again. I've tried updating but it doesn't change anything. Please advise. Thank you....