Windows 10: make windows 10 sleep/standby as windows 7's

Discus and support make windows 10 sleep/standby as windows 7's in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, my windows 10 laptop has all the latest modern features that a "connected" world would want, so this means that when i put it to sleep it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fra.carol, Mar 25, 2020.

1. fra.carol Win User

make windows 10 sleep/standby as windows 7's

Hi all,

my windows 10 laptop has all the latest modern features that a "connected" world would want, so this means that when i put it to sleep it won't really go to sleep. I'm looking for a good way to get a standby/sleep behaviour like the one i got on windows 7, so that the pc can sleep without doing anything else.

I've kept csenabled disabled all the modern sleep etc stuff too in regedit for a while but i enabled it back because my laptop's screen wouldn't turn automatically on after i woke the pc up, but i had to press other buttons to make it work, which to me was definitely annoying, considered that my old 2007 laptop even with its HDD was faster to get back up at work.

I really think microsoft should leave the choice to the users, anyway if anyone has the same issue or has found a solution regedit or whatever, i'd be glad to discuss it here.

:

:)

fra.carol, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 25, 2020
  4. make windows 10 sleep/standby as windows 7's

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

make windows 10 sleep/standby as windows 7's

1. make windows 10 sleep/standby as windows 7's - Similar Threads - sleep standby 7's

2. Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report: Hi,I've disabled on one of the laptops all possible sleep settings that it can be. Laptop still goes into sleep at a random times when lid is closed.Sleep report shows ENTER REASON0x101 Transition To SleepWhat is that code or how to find out reason why laptop enters sleep.If...
  3. WINDOWS 7 V/S WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 7 V/S WINDOWS 10: I WAS JUST USING WINDOWS 7 FROM A LONG TIME. AFTER SOME TIME A MESSAGE STARTED COMMING ON MY DESKTOP THAT WINDOWS 7 IN OUT OF SUPPORT I AM USING WINDOWS 7 FROM MY CHILDHOOD AND I LIKE IT MORE I WAS TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 IN THAT BUT DUE TO SYSTEM FAILURE I WAS UNABLE SO...
  4. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios ahci option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  5. How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make secondary HDD go to sleep in modern standby: Windows 2004 removed the ability to use S3 instead of S0 low power idle. My pc dell g5 5590 has a primary nvme SSD os and a secondary sata HDD data configured to "raid on" on the bios acpi option is available. When it goes to sleep the HDD keeps spinning, which I don't like,...
  6. Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 closes all apps when going to Standby or Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 computer close all open apps when going into standby or sleep mode, or closes them on waking up, then you might want to continue reading this post till the end – we will prescribe possible solutions [...] This post Windows 10 closes all...
  7. Make USB port powered while suspend/sleep/standby

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make USB port powered while suspend/sleep/standby: How to use power from USB port while it goes to standby/suspend mode. When I go to device manager- USB root hub- right click - properties -power management tab, the option "allow this device to wake computer" is inactive. But "allow this computer to turn off this device to...
  8. No standby in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    No standby in Windows 10?: Ever since my first laptop, I've been in the habit of putting it into standby when a leave the computer for more than, say, 20 minutes with the AC adaptor connected. Now that I've installed Window 10 on the laptop that had standby in XP and Win 7, I see that the only options...
  9. Standby in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby in Windows 10: Running Surface Pro 4 w/ Windows 10 64 bit. I have done the registry mod for advanced power options but still do not see a standby function. Looking for good ole standby- hibernate seems to make me power cycle the tablet to recover the screen 84035
  10. Windows-10 Standby: PC is not Really Sleeping. What's it Doing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows-10 Standby: PC is not Really Sleeping. What's it Doing?: I have the "CPU Meter" gadget on my Windows 10 desktop. When I shake the mouse to wake the PC up from Standby, the multiple CPU spikes tells me that the computer was really active all the time. Not in a TRUE standby mode, like it used to be with Windows-7. Does anyone...