Windows 10: Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot

Discus and support Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have Windows 11 Insider Preview Canary installed on my PC alongside Windows 7 and 8.1. I mainly use 7 and 8.1, but have 11 because VMs are slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TechActivate 817, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot

Hi,I have Windows 11 Insider Preview Canary installed on my PC alongside Windows 7 and 8.1. I mainly use 7 and 8.1, but have 11 because VMs are slow for 11 given my PC specs. Windows 7 is the default OS. I want to make Windows 11 show the OS Boot Information on boot like how it would on Windows 7. I tried to use msconfig show OS boot information but that did nothing. Is it because 7 is my default OS?How do I show OS boot information?Thanks

:)

TechActivate 817, Mar 21, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

need some boot help with windows 7

The reason you can't boot directly to the C drive is because the C drive doesn't contain any information for how to boot the computer.

That information is stored in the MBR of the physical hard drive, this is where the Windows boot loader is stored. The boot loader then tells the system what files to load to load the OS. Telling the computer to boot directly to the C drive has it look for a boot loader there, and there isn't one, so the system has no idea what files it needs to look at to load an OS.

What exactly is the issue? Are you having the boot loader screen show up before booting Windows asking what OS you want to boot to?

newtekie1, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Kursah Win User

Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot

Quad booting

I would use Grub if I were you to.manage the OS boot list rather than Windows boot manager. I've had much better luck over the years that way...more stable, easier to fix, easy to modify.

Kursah, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot

1. Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot - Similar Threads - show boot information

2. Information on Windows 11 OS Updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information on Windows 11 OS Updates.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using "Windows 11 Version 22H2" OS on my new Laptop. Last week I had issue with my new laptop as it was not restarting after receving the "Windows 11 Version 22H2" OS Updates. So I did the following:→ Visited the Laptop Service...
  3. Information on Windows 11 OS Updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information on Windows 11 OS Updates.: To,Microsoft Community.Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using "Windows 11 Version 22H2" OS on my new Laptop. Last week I had issue with my new laptop as it was not restarting after receving the "Windows 11 Version 22H2" OS Updates. So I did the following:→ Visited the Laptop Service...
  4. Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Windows 11 show OS boot information on boot: Hi,I have Windows 11 Insider Preview Canary installed on my PC alongside Windows 7 and 8.1. I mainly use 7 and 8.1, but have 11 because VMs are slow for 11 given my PC specs. Windows 7 is the default OS. I want to make Windows 11 show the OS Boot Information on boot like how...
  5. Corrupted Boot Information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Boot Information?: Hi guys, I have a problem that I'm really having trouble fixing.I have an Acer Aspire V3 - 772G which I've really messed up.It was purchased with Windows 8 and then I upgraded to 10.It's a bit of a long story, and I'm not entirely sure what happened, but basically I had some...
  6. Corrupted Boot Information?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Boot Information?: Hi guys, I have a problem that I'm really having trouble fixing.I have an Acer Aspire V3 - 772G which I've really messed up.It was purchased with Windows 8 and then I upgraded to 10.It's a bit of a long story, and I'm not entirely sure what happened, but basically I had some...
  7. Corrupted Boot Information?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. ready boot information

in Windows 10 Support
    ready boot information: Hi everyone, I wanted to know if you have detailed information on how windows 1909 booting works. (Prefetch, ready boot / boost, etc) 162997
  9. How To View OS Boot Information At Windows Startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To View OS Boot Information At Windows Startup?: Hello, How To View OS Boot Information At Windows Startup? I checked 'OS Boot Information' but I don't see anything is startup. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Change OS Boot Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Change OS Boot Information: In Windows 7 you could do this trough msconfig.exe abnd get this http://i50.tinypic.com/biszna.jpg while booting the system is there a way to do the same in Windows 10 Pro x64 AU? Same method does not seem to work. 62015