Windows 10: Make Windows DVD Player a free application

Discus and support Make Windows DVD Player a free application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Listen, macOS had a DVD Player application preinstalled on Mac computers, but with Windows it costs $14.99??? Why?? To anybody at Microsoft, update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ImraneChennaoui, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Make Windows DVD Player a free application

Listen, macOS had a DVD Player application preinstalled on Mac computers, but with Windows it costs $14.99??? Why??

To anybody at Microsoft, update the app including the app icon, fix some bugs, and make it cost not even a penny just like Apple with their macOS DVD Player.

And make sure the bugs are gone, my screen always looks warped when playing a DVD in the app, as you can see at the bottom of the post.

Please, for the love of anything that is holy. I don"t wanna spend another massive amount of storage on my computer downloading a third party app.

Also I really wonder if anybody has the same problem as mine, because it's really rare, I've asked multiple questions to the community about it and everybody says: "get a new graphics card" or "update your drivers" even though I have the LATEST drivers, which came around 2012. Maybe a future update will fix this. JUST FIX THIS, MICROSOFT!!!!!!

Make Windows DVD Player a free application 5f119e6f-7113-4c50-9a0e-895903b21fe0?upload=true.png

:)

ImraneChennaoui, Jun 29, 2020
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. Making a DVD to play on another DVD player

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to know that you have issues with making a DVD to play on another DVD player. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• Do you receive any error message? If yes, please let us know the complete error message?

• Are you referring to inbuilt DVD player or external player?

• Please let us know the steps you followed in detail?

Please reply with the above information and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jun 29, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Make Windows DVD Player a free application

Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Make Windows DVD Player a free application

1. Make Windows DVD Player a free application - Similar Threads - DVD Player free

2. transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player: I have Quicken 2012 and just upgraded to a laptop with no DVD drive and using Win11. How can I transfer the Quicken application to the new laptop? I know how to migrate data. I need to know how to transfer the application. thanks!...
  3. transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer DVD based application to laptop with no DVD player: I have Quicken 2012 and just upgraded to a laptop with no DVD drive and using Win11. How can I transfer the Quicken application to the new laptop? I know how to migrate data. I need to know how to transfer the application. thanks!...
  4. windows 10 free dvd player rejects disks

windows 10 free dvd player rejects disks: Hi. I just downloaded the windows 10 free DVD player. It keeps rejecting the at startup and says insert DVD. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-free-dvd-player-rejects-disks/94d9d74a-ba46-40e4-8796-7b8b04020e4f
  5. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I purchased Windows DVD player app for windows 10. It does not appear as a tile box and does not appear in the Start menu list does not autoplay and start when i insert a dvd...
  6. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  7. FREE trial of DVD player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FREE trial of DVD player: I’d like to get DVD player free trial for 7 days before purchasing. Please give instructions how to get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trial-of-dvd-player/9094af6e-51d8-442f-9891-c7e1e0b0da9a"
  8. DVD PLAYER FREE TRIAL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD PLAYER FREE TRIAL: HOW CAN I GET MY FREE 7 DAY TRIAL OF DVD PLAYER BEFORE PURCHASING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-free-trial/b823237f-8a4c-4bfa-a1d4-415b80fbeba1
  9. VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player making DVD Drive disapear.: OK, lately I've been having issues with my DVD-ROM and recently replaced it with a new one as I thought that might solve the issue - that is it was randomly disappearing from the system, requiring a re-boot to get it back. Anyway I now realize I'm still having the issue...
  10. Windows DVD Player

Windows DVD Player: I was running Windows 7 and did the free upgrade to Windows 10. I know that W10 does not have Windows Media Center, which is being replaced with Windows DVD Player. Windows DVD Player is an add on App for a fee. If you upgrade, Microsoft will give you a free copy of...