Windows 10: Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit

Discus and support Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, would anyone know how to make the tree view in File Explorer look like the one in Regedit within Windows 10? The Windows Explorer view can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zapcity, Jul 7, 2021.

1. zapcity Win User

Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit

Hi, would anyone know how to make the tree view in File Explorer look like the one in Regedit within Windows 10? The Windows Explorer view can get confusing especially with deep nested folder structures. The Regedit view is much more helpful. They seem to use the same icons. Not sure if they are using the same API, and if this can be controlled via a setting in the registry. Also, nothing seems to have changed in Windows 11. Thanks. Windows Explorer Regedit

:)

zapcity, Jul 7, 2021
  2. PMFR Win User

Tree like file explorer

Hi.

Is it possible to use the Navigation pane's tree-like-view-feature (expandable folders) directly in the file browsing area (the little arrows at the left of every folder)? I'd like to have a clean file exploring window without any additional columns (like
    the 'Navigation pane'). If not, is there an app out there that does this sort of thing?

Thank you.

Pedro

PMFR, Jul 7, 2021
  3. g_777 Win User
    Window Explorer for Windows 10 view entire file tree

The answer given to this question did NOT help in any way whatsoever.

The original poster wanted to know how to view the ENTIRE file tree in ONE view (pane), not with a separate navigation pane on the left and the individual files in a separate pane on the right.

I've checked absolutely every possible option under the View menus in Windows 10 and do not see any way at all that I can view a simple file tree of SINGLE FILES being visible DIRECTLY UNDER the folder in which they reside.

I want to see this:

FOLDER

-file

-file

instead, all I'm seeing is this:

FOLDER (in the right pane)

or:

-file

-file

I need to see BOTH the FOLDER and each file that's in it listed DIRECTLY UNDER THE FOLDER IN ONE PANE. The split view between two panes is terrible.

Why was Windows 10 File Explorer designed like this? It's an organizational nightmare, and impossible to visualize which individual files are under each folder.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP BEFORE I SWITCH BACK TO MAC.

g_777, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit

Tree View Control.

Hi,

Please see below for responses:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I have re-installed third party software.
      Tree View still does not work.
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
      Have not made any changes other than installing other software.
    • Are you getting any error messages? No error messages.....program freezes and has to be shut down by closing window.

Based on the description that you provided, you are experiencing this issue when using a third party software. Having said that, we also suggest that you contact the developer of the said software for further assistance. Currently working with third
    party provider to solve the issue....no luck so far. The third party software provider has isolated the problem down to the Tree View Control. They had me find the MSCOMCTL.OSX file and check the product version as well as other dates such as date/time stamp,
    the date created, Modifued and Accessed....Still waiting to hear back from them since I supplied this info. They also have told me that no other user of their software has experinced the problem I have. They have maintaining that the problem is specific to
    my computer.......I am at a loss.

MikeAcct2304, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit

1. Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit - Similar Threads - Explorer Tree View

2. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: I deal with many discs, folders and programs simultaneously, so need to be able to see at a glance which and where I am in these diverse structures.1. It is not possible to see the full directory name in the title of the folder2. It is not possible to see the position of the...
  3. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: I deal with many discs, folders and programs simultaneously, so need to be able to see at a glance which and where I am in these diverse structures.1. It is not possible to see the full directory name in the title of the folder2. It is not possible to see the position of the...
  4. All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view: All posted solutions for this problem that I can find on this forum have failed to resolve the issue that my Desktop folder in File Explorer appears twice. The Desktop folder appears where it normally should be, but also in a second appearance as the parent of all folders on...
  5. All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view

All my File Explorer folders are under Desktop in folder tree view: All posted solutions for this problem that I can find on this forum have failed to resolve the issue that my Desktop folder in File Explorer appears twice. The Desktop folder appears where it normally should be, but also in a second appearance as the parent of all folders on...
  6. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: Using file explorer in Windows 11, I can no longer see the entire folder tree in the navigation pane except for OneDrive. I want to see the folder tree for my PC, like I used to always be able to do; but now I just see a short list like "Documents," "Pictures," etc., with...
  7. How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?

How can I view the entire folder tree in file explorer in Windows 11?: Using file explorer in Windows 11, I can no longer see the entire folder tree in the navigation pane except for OneDrive. I want to see the folder tree for my PC, like I used to always be able to do; but now I just see a short list like "Documents," "Pictures," etc., with...
  8. unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions: Why can't the smart MS programmers correct the Windows Explorer incapability of showing tree view? It is obviously built in but hidden because it shows up when you are saving a file. This is really aggravating when you have been used to it on older versions. Real screw-up....
  9. How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?: OS WIn10 Pro What I mean by, How do I make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder is this: Assuming you have a shortcut of a folder and you double-click on it. Or if Explorer is already open and you double-click on a folder on the right pane the left pane...
  10. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271