Windows 10: Make windows license activation on wrong machine

Discus and support Make windows license activation on wrong machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I Bought Windows 10 OEI 1 user and I insert product key into wrong computer. How can I completely remove license info from this PC. Please help me!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shineyanaung, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Make windows license activation on wrong machine

I Bought Windows 10 OEI 1 user and I insert product key into wrong computer. How can I completely remove license info from this PC.

Please help me!

:)

shineyanaung, Apr 29, 2019

2. Transferring Win 10 license to new machine.

Perform a direct clean install of Windows 10 Pro on the new machine, then use your Windows 8 Pro key to reactivate:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Then use chat support to reactivate:

Resources: How
    to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

Andre Da Costa, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Dead motherboard, new machine, can digital license be transferred (if so, how?)

Hi Jbelian

If the license is the full version Windows 10 Pro digital download and not the $99 Windows 10 Pro Pack, yes, you can transfer it to your Mac and reactivate it.

If the license was linked to your Microsoft Account, then all you need to do is install Windows 10 Pro through Boot Camp then follow the steps below.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation

Click Troubleshoot

Sign into your Microsoft Account

Select your previous machine then click Next for it to activate.

If it does not activate, change the machine name to the one listed in the Activation Troubleshooter wizard.

Restart the machine, then try activating again.

See steps how to change your machine name below. If you still encounter problem, then you will likely need to contact support:

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Make windows license activation on wrong machine 94d50607-920e-4219-8a3e-5bee93ab56bd?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Make windows license activation on wrong machine

Clean install of W10 not possible in Virtual Machine.

Please get a cup of coffee, lean back and think an answer for these two questions. Take your time, then check the answers below the questions:

Questions:
    1. If you do a clean install of let's say Windows 10 Insider Build 10525 on a totally new computer which has never had an activated Windows 10 on it, does it activate?
    2. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Build on a computer where the underlying Windows 10, upgraded from a qualifying old operating system has already been activated, does it activate?

Answers:
    1. No, of course not.
    2. Yes, of course.

Why do you think that a virtual machine would make any difference? You have tried to install Windows 10 on a totally new machine which has never had an activated Windows 10 installed, therefore the Microsoft activation servers block the activation due invalid machine ID. In the highlighted part in below quote you admit your mistake yourself, plain and simple, yet you when doing this wrong draw conclusion that even if done correctly it would not work:

What you have tried is essentially the same as if you took a brand new real physical PC without any operating system, which has never had any operating system, and then installed Windows 10 Insider Preview wondering why it does not activate! Virtual Machines behave exactly the same way; if you want to clean install Windows 10 Insider Preview and get it activated you must do it on an existing virtual machine, one which has already had an upgraded Windows 10 activated. This "computer", the virtual machine, its machine ID is marked on activation servers as valid and activated and it will of course activate.

Be it a virtual machine or a physical computer, you cannot activate a clean installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on a totally new machine. How difficult can this be to understand?

When clean installing Windows 10 Insider Preview on a computer which has already had a previous Windows 10 Insider activated, you do not use the product key! It will be asked twice, once before the installation starts and once after the last reboot to OOBE phase. In both cases you skip the product key and your Windows will be automatically activated.

Thema:

Make windows license activation on wrong machine

1. Make windows license activation on wrong machine - Similar Threads - license activation wrong

2. Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine: HiI built a PC a few years ago and purchased a Windows 10 digital license through the Microsoft store. Recently I managed to spill a glass of water on the machine and it will no longer boot.I rebuilt a new PC and wish to transfer the license over from the old PC to the new...
  3. Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine: HiI built a PC a few years ago and purchased a Windows 10 digital license through the Microsoft store. Recently I managed to spill a glass of water on the machine and it will no longer boot.I rebuilt a new PC and wish to transfer the license over from the old PC to the new...
  4. Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wrong Microsoft store for activating Windows 11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Microsoft store for activating Windows 11 license: Hi,I am a Macbook Pro, ARM M1, user with Paralles installed to be able to run Windows 11. The installation went smooth and works ok. The only problem I have is that when I try to activate the Windows 11 I get the message that I am in the wrong Microsoft store. I am, according...
  6. Wrong Microsoft store for activating Windows 11 license

Wrong Microsoft store for activating Windows 11 license: Hi,I am a Macbook Pro, ARM M1, user with Paralles installed to be able to run Windows 11. The installation went smooth and works ok. The only problem I have is that when I try to activate the Windows 11 I get the message that I am in the wrong Microsoft store. I am, according...
  7. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows: Hi I have a problem with my laptop dell it keeps on saying I should activate my windows only to find out I’m using the windows 10 license for windows 10 pro Please help I’m so frustrated right now because I’ve started with classes .See the picture...
  8. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows: Hi I have a problem with my laptop dell it keeps on saying I should activate my windows only to find out I’m using the windows 10 license for windows 10 pro Please help I’m so frustrated right now because I’ve started with classes .See the picture...
  9. Wrong windows 10 license for wrong windows

10. Wrong Windows License

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong Windows License: Hey there, I think i bought wrong Windows licence. Briefly: Talking with agents on phone is useless! They not polite, keep breathing on the phone and can't make normal conversation. I bought Lenovo P53 Laptop not Work station yet I somehow mistakenly bought Windows 10 PRO...