Windows 10: Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched.

Discus and support Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows media Player always opens on my main monitor no matter what I do. Every other program and App will remember what screen it was last opened on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched.

Windows media Player always opens on my main monitor no matter what I do. Every other program and App will remember what screen it was last opened on except WMP. I can launch it, move it to the monitor I want it on, maximize it, close it, and it just launches back on the monitor set as main display. I had this issue in the past, and fixed it, but can't for the life of me remember what I did.

:)

alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2015

2. Problem with graphics on Intel (R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

I use ASUS EEEPC 1215p with graphics on Intel (R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
    Driver version 8.15.10.2697 (the last ver.)
    I use a second monitor via the VGA
    Last OS was w7 extreme
    After upgrading to w10pro, when PC started with an external video monitor, sound is OK, but the image in the player is absent.
    When I used w7 everything was OK , and a window with the player drags to second monitor with sound and image.
    Driver is the most recent . What can be done ????

Vadim Zubkov, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched.

1. Make Windows Media Player open on second monitor when launched. - Similar Threads - Media Player open

2. windows media player failed to launch in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player failed to launch in windows 11: Does anyone experiencing same issue for those users already migrated from win10 to win11, when you open media player it goes auto close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-failed-to-launch-in-windows/2e0ce47d-3daa-464b-94a2-b46a90db3564
  3. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.: So I recently got new monitors but whenever I press the windows key on my keyboard it opens on the main monitor in front of me, this interferes with my other apps and I wanted to know how to make it so that the start menu opens on the second monitor, it was working exactly...
  4. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.: So I recently got new monitors but whenever I press the windows key on my keyboard it opens on the main monitor in front of me, this interferes with my other apps and I wanted to know how to make it so that the start menu opens on the second monitor, it was working exactly...
  5. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Media Player crashes seconds after launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player crashes seconds after launch: I last used Media Player about 2 weeks ago, and it was working fine. Since then there have been several Windows Updates that have been installed, and several software packages. Now, when I launch WMP, it comes up for about 5 seconds, then crashes. In the event log I get...
  7. Launching a program when a second monitor is attached.

in Windows 10 Support
    Launching a program when a second monitor is attached.: Hi all, I am looking to use Task Scheduler or similar to start an application every time I plug in a secondary monitor. EG: When only using my laptop monitor, I decide to plug in a secondary monitor to my HDMI port and when that action is logged is forces an EXE or other...
  8. Media Keys Opens Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Media Keys Opens Windows Media Player: Whenever I hit the volume, keys on my keyboard, it automatically opens Windows Media Player instead of controlling the volume. The only thing I done prior to that was did a full scan on 'Advanced SystemCare 12.4 Pro'. I'm thinking it might've changed a setting to get it to do...
  9. Windows Media Player not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not opening: I am trying to watch a video oral argument from http://www.5dca.org/ArchivedOAs/2019/Aoa01-10-19.pdf and my Media Player is not opening. Instead when I click on "View Video" it throws me over to a blank page in Google Chrome. I am using Windows 10 Pro....
  10. Clock disappears when Windows Media Player is opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock disappears when Windows Media Player is opened: Hi everyone, As the title says, when I open Windows Media Player to play a song, my clock disappears from the task bar! I have to open up system icons (which shows the clock as 'on'), switch the slider to 'off' then 'on' again to make the clock reappear. This doesn't...